Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new wooden viv for my leo coming tommorow, and i dont know whether to put my heatmat in or outside of it. i know if you put it in you put it under a tile, but do you actually seal it in? and theres no hole for me to actually get it inside the viv....any help would be fab!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I wont reply to the tile thing as Im not sure but regarding the hole.....

Take the plug off, drill a small hole big enough for the cable, thread it through and re-attach the plug :)

Then you could use some sealent on the hole if you wanted :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use floor tiles and repticarpet - just put the heatmat down and the tile/carpet on top - no sticking anything, so that if I need to take everything up for cleaning its easy. I've never had any problems / burrowing.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you not ever had problems with water being spilt or anything? the water bowl will be in the cool end anyway, im a bit worried about electric and water with the mat not being protected!: victory:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
put it on the inside. drill a hole for the lead to go through, get some ceramic tiles and place them down, then get some aquarium sealant and seal them. i have done this with mine so there is no danger from any moisture getting on the lead and causing an electric shock. the only diff with mine is i have used laminat flooring instead of tiles, but i used to have tiles (even tho you have sealed them in, they still will come up if need be, mine did)

the good thing with the laminate flooring is it meand i dont need substraight, i just have a square of kitchen roll in the toielt corner. if you use shiiny ceramic tiles, then you will need something on top otherwise they may slide all over the place lol. both real easy to clean too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts