Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pinkies.....

Best way to defrost please?

and how long to defrost?

Cheers

·
Registered
301 Posts
we leave ours out on a piece of tin foil to defrost,they dont take very long,what ever you do don't use a microwave! :D

G

·
Depending on the temps of the room they usually take 15-30 mins to defrost then another 30 mins to come up to room temp if left on the side.You can speed things up by placing them in a bag and defrosting them in warm water(not hot)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
best to leave em to defrost naturaly for 45 mins i find and give em a blast with a hair dryer but watch you dont blow em all over the place lol

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah i just leave mine too, really doesnt take too long.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean about the microwave!!!!! i used to have a kestrel(long story) and we had to defrost day old chicks, if you got the timing wrong the eyes used to explode, not very nice at all, and you thought getting beans on the inside of a microwave was hard........

Thanks anyway for comfirming what to do with a pinkie, gonna try my first feed tonight, fingers crossed.

Pinkie goes in cricket box, snake goes in after, both snake and box with pinkie go in viv.

I watch like an expectant father for Basil to have his dinner, cant wait.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I put them in a sealy food bag to defrost for about an hour or so at room temp,got 3 on the side now as it goes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well that went well, took the pinkie real easy

would you say five days till next feed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.