Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to [email protected]#tinc+iv$ .....life mansfield today. Maybe gonna be my last visit:devil:
It was awful and yet I still wasnt man enough to say something,have a go or ask questions.
It was like a desert, No water anywhere an if there was it was shallow and dirty. Most snakes were kept in dry enviroments on aspen, one tiny Garter? snake was in a small tub with an exo water bowl full of aspen which looked as dry as the rest it was surrounded in with no heat.
The coastal carpet was coiled in a small dry water bowl and its skin was you've guessed it, almost powdery dry! couldnt even see it breathing.
The tarantula had no water in its bowl or anything to get water from.
The green tree pythons were in dry exo terras with one in the process of shedding...not in one piece but bits hanging off all over.

Oh, the fish tanks had plenty of water..
Needless to say, I wont be going there anymore. it was awful!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Went to [email protected]#tinc+iv$ .....life mansfield today. Maybe gonna be my last visit:devil:
It was awful and yet I still wasnt man enough to say something,have a go or ask questions.
It was like a desert, No water anywhere an if there was it was shallow and dirty. Most snakes were kept in dry enviroments on aspen, one tiny Garter? snake was in a small tub with an exo water bowl full of aspen which looked as dry as the rest it was surrounded in with no heat.
The coastal carpet was coiled in a small dry water bowl and its skin was you've guessed it, almost powdery dry! couldnt even see it breathing.
The green tree pythons were in dry exo terras with one in the process of shedding...not in one piece but bits hanging off all over.

i went there in the week and ithought the same as you : when i looked at the fish there were dead ones just floating in a couple of tanks :bash: it was not good at all , and know body seemed to want to talk to you either.

·
Registered
658 Posts

i don't supose you could tell them you knew what you were talking bout and offer to help them look after they're exotics and if you help them get better they'll sell better?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not good, The 08 Royals are over priced and small too, baby corns were tiny!! that may well be just me, Dont know why a simply thing like water cant be kept topped up, Theres letting it get dirty and then theres bone dry!! That to me says a few things, either its 1 its too hot, 2 left too long or 3 the reps spill it all the time..... Theres enough staff there most of the time building rabbit hutches and runs or two stood behind the counter serving.. well one looking on while other takes their time. who do you report things like this too?? As Ive heard the RSPCA arent into Reps. They just like furry things. Reps need care too.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
speak to the local council Animal Licensing brigade gordon.. normally the Environmental Health department..

Pet shops (Mansfield District Council)

Environmental licensing
Telephone: 01623 463181
Fax: 01623 463430
Email: [email protected]

Any complaints regarding the welfare of the pet animals are thoroughly investigated.

The Council has a working relationship with the RSPCA and shares information on complaints.

hth

Nerys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speak to the local council Animal Licensing brigade gordon.. normally the Environmental Health department..

Pet shops (Mansfield District Council)

Environmental licensing
Telephone: 01623 463181
Fax: 01623 463430
Email: [email protected]

Any complaints regarding the welfare of the pet animals are thoroughly investigated.

The Council has a working relationship with the RSPCA and shares information on complaints.

hth

Nerys
Thanks ill look into that :2thumb:

I dont want to get anyone in trouble but would like to see an improvement there, anyone keeping or selling Reps/Animals should know how too keep them or pack in.:bash: Id love my own shop and would be worried about what people thought of it and very embarrassed to think people hated the place or thought it was kept poor. Theres always differences in opinion but not the basics of Animal keeping. They all need water,oxygen,food,heat if living in the incorrect country, some exercise and to live out of their own feceas. Basics!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ughh hearing things like this makes me mad!
I'd have HAD to say something. Definately.
Infact I'd probably have gone insane on their a***s
Its disgraceful. Water of all things though SERIOUSLY its not difficult -_-
Just thinking of those poor creatures perishing in there makes me want to cry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ughh hearing things like this makes me mad!
I'd have HAD to say something. Definately.
Infact I'd probably have gone insane on their a***s
Its disgraceful. Water of all things though SERIOUSLY its not difficult -_-
Just thinking of those poor creatures perishing in there makes me want to cry.

True, when I left I said that to myself, I came out and moaned commented etc but didnt stand up for them in the shop. For the first time it makes you want to shop lift, sneak them all out to safety. needs a waterboy to do the rounds a few times each shift simple, checked and topped up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts