Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted about putting my heat mat under some tiles, but the tiles were self adhesive and my common sense told me not to!!! heres the viv with the tiles in: (bare in mind they were from home bargains, 5 for a pound lol)

and now iv put some decor in:

ready for a night time viewing :)

but im not sure now about the heat mat. should it just be under the tank?
at the moment it is under the tank at one end with a piece of kitchen roll in between that and the glass. although im not sure it will give off enough heat??

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
the heat mat will be ok under the tank but just take a surface temp to check the temps.looks nice

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You might want to make your hides a bit smaller. My Leo's like to hide places where they are totally hidden, and quite snug. Also a moist hide needs to be added. This helps them shed, and my Leo's tend to link the condensation for the water, rather than drink from their bowl lol!
Looking good though!

·
Registered
461 Posts
we have the same tank :)!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol woo same tank! Yeh i have some moss which i am going to wet, and was going to put it in the middle hide, now il make a smaller one and put it in there instead! What would be the right size? If i can cut somethin up? Il check surface temps when i go home! (im in uni :( )

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
About the hight of one of them plant pot saucers
Like this

Bare in mind the photo above is a hatchling
But you can buy the plastic things in places like B&Q think you get 5 for £3

·
Registered
461 Posts
faith thts a beuty gecko :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think it looks great with the tiles all around, Dexters in a small tank now but starting to sort out a bigger one for him for xmas.
I have my mart under the tank at the mo with a piece of kitchen roll between it and the glass and my temps are perfect inside

·
2,141 Posts
i believe the moist hide has to be in the warm end of the tank??, you can make one from margarine tub, take away tub or an old crix (live food) tub, cut a opening making sure its not to sharp and part fill with moist moss and hey presto a cool little hide for your cool little gexie :p

when are you getting him/her? (hate using the word it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts