Reptile Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33,443 Posts
Truly a cracking genus, am sure you’ll enjoy him immensely!
Fed Lee the python (after the band Python Lee Jackson) a fluff this morning. He'd been on pinks in the shop, but I thought he looked like he could manage a fluff, judging by his body width. It took him a while to swallow it, not helped by him grabbing it arse first! But he eventually got it down & then promptly retired to his hide.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Fed Lee the python (after the band Python Lee Jackson) a fluff this morning. He'd been on pinks in the shop, but I thought he looked like he could manage a fluff, judging by his body width. It took him a while to swallow it, not helped by him grabbing it arse first! But he eventually got it down & then promptly retired to his hide.
😁
Will you be sharing any photos of Lee?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I will when he's out. He's usually in his hide, as I don't think he's settled properly yet.
look forward to it.
Mine are often prowling of an evening, but then I am tending to feed them approx 12-14 days, and are tending towards being rather lean more often than not. In no rush to get them to maturity, and hope my approach will increase their longevity. . .

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Right! That does it!!!!

I've been considering Ants for a while now. This thread has now made it my number one priority to obtain one at the earliest opportunity. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Right! That does it!!!!

I've been considering Ants for a while now. This thread has now made it my number one priority to obtain one at the earliest opportunity. :ROFLMAO:
Haha, am sure you’ll enjoy yours when you get one, and cheaper than a super dwarf retic!

Lovely little genus, and the spotted maculosa are affordable at £65 - £150.

Doubt I’ll ever get to look after Wheatbelt Stimmies at £2K, unless their prevalence and price comes down a lot more.

Expect to be entertained, and possibly challenged at times, fantastic little snakes 😁

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They often have a great appetite 😁

There seems to be such contrast of visual phenotypes within the species and the genus; am still early stages of getting to recognise which is which.

Would you say yours in the flesh has quite a reduced looking pattern, almost childreni-like?

I understand maculosa can get larger than the childreni/stimsoni species, and childreni can have a reduced pattern or even lose the pattern into adulthood.

I read that there may be a difference between southern and northern maculosa with southern having a finer spotting and northern having larger more defined spotted patches. . . . not sure whether that is still current thinking?

·
Registered
33,443 Posts
They often have a great appetite 😁

There seems to be such contrast of visual phenotypes within the species and the genus; am still early stages of getting to recognise which is which.

Would you say yours in the flesh has quite a reduced looking pattern, almost childreni-like?

I understand maculosa can get larger than the childreni/stimsoni species, and childreni can have a reduced pattern or even lose the pattern into adulthood.

I read that there may be a difference between southern and northern maculosa with southern having a finer spotting and northern having larger more defined spotted patches. . . . not sure whether that is still current thinking?
Lee was sold to me as a maculosa & as a spotted python rather than a Children's.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts