Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,
Ive bought 2 Millipedes from exotic-pets.co.uk and been waiting a week ive emailed them asking when they will arrive and not heard anything of them.
Has any1 used them b4 and how did u get on
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I tried to use them for mantids but ended up getting a refund, wasn't really best pleased.

Now I'm waiting on the insect store sending out. paid for next day recorded, order on the 24th , got email monday to say had been posted and still nothing. Have emailed and waiting for reply as I have to make sure some one is in for them and I did this morning and nowt.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
first time i got a royal python from them, they hand delivered it to me, although they only gave me 2 hours notice. It came about 7 days after I put the order in. My second attempt with them i ordered a columbian rainbow boa. I heard nothing for 3 weeks and then i got an email saying could they deliver it by hand, i emailed back and heard nothing again for a further 2 weeks, i then demanded my money back and put in a complaint through paypal. I then received an email saying that their car had broken down and so they couldnt have delivered it but it would be delivered in a couple of days time, i told them i wanted my money back as they didnt have the courtesy of emailing me, plus i paid over £128 for the columbian and they had subsequently put them on their webpage for just over £50. She then replied that they would have given me the option of accepting the money back or a credit note for the diference but i doubt if i had raised it they would have said anything. Anyways i got my money back from them eventually and i would never ever use them again.

Just my experience though xxx

·
Registered
380 Posts
ive used them with no problems at all found them very helpfull with good communication and the herps i have had from them have all been in top order
maybe i was lucky !

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I've seen that site before but it just seems like to much of a 'company' for me, if that makes sense. No pics of lots of the animals, many many caresheets missing... just no care it seems to me.
For example the crested geckos they sell, you dont even get a description of each type or to request a morph? you just get what your given.
and yea i agree, WAY to many WC and CF, and some really young animals too
Just my 2pence, i hope you experience ends up proving me wrong

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
have been keeping an eye on the site for a while but as mentioned, lack of images, care sheets [its ok not having care sheets but why have the page templates include them and then just "none available, if u would like to submit a care sheet.."]
Have been considering gettin a baby green iguana from them but i wouldnt do it without speaking to someone on the phone as the site is [seems] awfully out of date, for instance "baby green iguanas CB05- 5-8cm [head to vent]...doesnt make much sense ofcourse cos any born in 05 are gona be a damn lot bigger and not babies.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
its just a personal thing for me, id never use a shop that knowigly has so many WC and CF. id rather go elseware or if i couldnt get a CB of a particular animal, id rather go without rather than putting money into the pockets of these kinda people( and the people they get them from). its the only way to stop these things happening. How many have died in catching and transporting them before the shop gets them

Just a personal thing for me

·
Registered
457 Posts
they are very hit and miss

have had some very poor results in past and its ongoing

sometimes tis ok

but is a lot of bad orders from them

and their customer care is nonexistant tbh

personally would avoid them

pm if u want links to good insect shops

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I bought our 1st tarantula off them wich arrived 2 days later, but when I bought my pink toe I had to contact them and demand my money back after 2 weeks, when it did arrive a week later they sent me a spiderling when I had ordered a juvenile female and they charged me for an adult. Would never trust them again after that. They also told me 48 hours to reply to emails.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I was going to use exotic-pets myself for a couple of creepy crawlies but im not going to bother either after reading these replies. :(

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I bought my common boa from there in july, they delivered it within 4 days and emailed me two days before to let me know it was coming, I have had every email i ever sent them answered and their website says they are not doing many deliveries atm because of the weather.
In general i thought they were pretty good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your replies i got a email of them saying my 2 millipedes have been sent and i will have them by 1pm tomorrow (Thursday)
Will post tomorrow let u know the out come fingers crossed there not getting cold.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
cool, hope it turns out ok for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
exotic pets

I have tried to use them a few times, but without much success - a distinct lack of communication - but refunds given when requested after contacting paypal. One order was paid for but did not register in my account, I had to request a refund for this one. Always be careful as there are mainly WC and CF, I have only ever requested CB, even then hardly any animals have been available.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts