Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought. I'm looking for a young anery corn snake in the Bristol area but this wkend i'm off to London with some friends. It'd be just as easy for me to get one on the Sunday then head home.

Are there any big dealers/rep shops in Central London? We'll be staying in pimlaco SW1.

It'd be fine on a 2hr drive home wouldnt it?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Kings Aquatic & Reptile World is in Camden, dunno if that's near enough.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be only a tube journey away. Thing is i'd rather drive and get it on route home so i dont stress it too much. I'll have a search see if they have a website..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Pimlico is ideal for Kings Aquatics. Get on the victoria line to Euston then a quick change to the Northern Line for Mornington Crescent. Walk out of the station and it's straight ahead on the right hand side.Really easy to find. Ring him first though as when I went in I think he only had normals. Very beautiful normals though :p Also Pimlico is ideally situated for Vauxhall National Rail where you can take a quick hop over to Crystal Palace via Clapham Junction and pay Crystal Palace Reptiles a visit.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Sorry just noticed the whole driving thing.......well Crystal Palace is probably better for driving as if you set wheel in zone one it's an automatic eight quid congestion zone charge and the traffic will be so dreadful it's not worth thinking about, it will take you four hours just to cross London during the Christmas shopping period.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Bit late for this thread now... but, yeh, I live in camden, kings is a really good shop. Decent amount of stock, good selection of dry goods (is that what its called in reptile shops? it is in fish shops...). BUT... I dont think it is open on sundays. I went there about 3pm on a sunday, to get a mouse for my corn, and it was closed.

Apparently Crystal Palace is meant to be good... BUT, they dont have much on display. I think they do have the animals, just not displayed all the time, but if you ask I am sure they will have what you want. Again, though, is it open on a sunday?

It is:
Sunday 10.30am - 3.30pm

just looked!
Crystal Palace Reptiles, London Reptile Shop Information

Also, there is Reptile Ranch (E18 1EJ, 020 8505 2900), or Pauls Reptile Barn (although this is more north: EN6 2QU, 01707 660005).

Kings phone no. is 020 7387 5553.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ipsilon, just had to point out I don't think you have to pay congestion zone on the weekends!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
This is the place you need to be:
Exotic Plant and Pet Centre
You can't get much nearer the M4! I'm only about 3 miles away, I live in Ealing. I've bought some supplies from them, and had a browse at some of the snakes there. One girl that floats around on this forum works there. Her name is ally and she was unbelievably helpful, can't speak highly enough of her.
I've not been to Crystal Palace so I can't pass comment. I've been to Kings and the bloke there had all the time in the world for me, customer service was awesome and he had some lovely stock.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
You're absolutely right SusieL, I was being daft. I really should know that, working for the Tube n all!

There's also a rep shop on the Wandsworth road called Scales and Tails - don't know what it's like but it's literally a five minute drive from Pimlico - just cross vauxhall bridge and follow the signs for wandsworth road.

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
This is the place you need to be:
Exotic Plant and Pet Centre
You can't get much nearer the M4! I'm only about 3 miles away, I live in Ealing. I've bought some supplies from them, and had a browse at some of the snakes there. One girl that floats around on this forum works there. Her name is ally and she was unbelievably helpful, can't speak highly enough of her.
I've not been to Crystal Palace so I can't pass comment. I've been to Kings and the bloke there had all the time in the world for me, customer service was awesome and he had some lovely stock.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Why thank you:blush:!

(Your fiver is in the post!)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No worries Ally, I'll be calling in soon for some bits and pieces, would be good to say hello again. My baby girl is doing great btw :2thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts