Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Another thread by me seeking helpful advice :D

Ive current ordered a custom vivarium to be made by "Ratking" on the forums, and its going to fit my Leo's and Beardie, The vivarium is as followed:

Now I will have my beardie at the top viv (Ignore the diagram with him at bottom) and have the leo's in the middle-left vivarium.

So my question is, looking at those dimensions - What reptile(s) would you advice me to keep in the bottom 6ft and the middle-right 3ft?

I know i should go with what I want and not what I can have but its nice to have some opinions =] I did want a coupel of cresties and a CWD but realised:

1) The viv will be wooden so himiduty will ruin the wood in time.
2) Not large enough/Too large for CWD/Crestie

Ideally I would like to have the 2 desert vivs (Beardie/Leos') and have 2 rainforest type viv's but im told this cant be due to it being wood :(

So any ideas people, Would be a great help if you did share your views.

Craig,

P.S. - I was thinking that maybe take the GLASS out of the middle right 3ft viv and leave it out, Then put in TWO 45x45x45 Exo Terra Terrariums and keep a couple of crested geckos? what ya think? good idea or?

But then what to do with the other 6ft bit :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Could have desert iggies at the bottom? for the middle right, AFT's more leos? Possibly even the idea you suggested.

Possibilities are sorta not endless, just google up some reps that you think would look nice in the viv, and see if you have the right size for em ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bottom one big enough for a blue tongue skink maybe?
Yea but im not much a BTS fan :D Dont get me wrong they fantastic but nor a reptile for me :D

And what if i section bottom viv into 2x 3ft or 3x 2ft? What could iput in then :D

Its a bloody big bummer that you cant get rainforest type reptiles in wooden vivs :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ive been looking into it and heres my design so far:

Basically I decided to remove the middle-right vivarium and have it acting as a shelf, where I can then put two Exo Terras in and have a crested geckos (the solution to the rainforest problem :D)

Now what should I do with the bottom part? The 6ftx2ftx2ft... Leave it? Condense it into smaller vivs?

Craig,

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
You could always seal the viv, then use pond liner type stuff and have the rainforest style viv you originally wanted....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts