·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yup i've got one :flrt::lol2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Copied this from website "The Australian Tarantula Association" where i got the pic from

This is an image of the new species Grant is introducing to the hobby, another goliath species, but this time in the Theraphosidae, bery narsss (as Borat would say) and I'm sure you guys will see the same setal morphology that made sp. strenuus so easy to ID. The longer leg setae curl distally, outward, like velcro only not as extreme. However, the setal counts are different, as is most likely the size (these are the biggest Aussie theraphosid I've ever had the pleasure to see, you know the ones they say "dinner plate size", well, this is a true dinner plate monster), and some other things I can't mention right now. Clearly part of the N.Qld material, very colourful for an Aussie T, appealing in every way

Oh yeah, you might see me shift between the species name strenua and strenuus. As this spider sits in limbo between the genera Selenocosmia (ending in "a", of the male) and Phlogius (ending in "us", of the female), so the species name will change to suit the genus. Once it gets officially shifted into the Phlogius, sp. strenua will chage to sp.strenuus.

also found it to be called "Ghost Ornamental Tarantula- P. Pederseni" being sold for $45 on monsterfishkeepers.com

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Invertasnakes that made me crease lol i actually sat there lookin for a sling in the pick for a sec lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
My Ghost Ornimental was bought as a tiny sling in Nov... it's now nearly two inches long!!! talk about fast growing.

Cool name too.... much better than 'pokie'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts