Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Komodo habitat thermostat for cheap and was wondering if anyone has used one for a 100-150W bulb or is it best for just heat mats

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Not used one but the website says it can be used for mat's, lamp's etc. If you did use it for a lamp though, it would be on & off all the time as it's an "on/off" type stat. (Assuming it is?) Best use a dimmer stat for a lamp.

·
Registered
787 Posts
These are manufactured by Microclimate and packaged for Komodo, they are exactly the same as the Microclimate Ministat 300, fine for ceramics and matts but not light bulbs. checkout Microclimate website it gives you information on the Ministat 300

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah I got one. Can be used on anything upto 300W including light bulbs (sorry, thats what it says on the instructions, and I've used it with a red IR bulb fine). I have mine plugged into a 75w ceramic heater ATM. Works fine. Well pleased :2thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the info :notworthy:

i will use it with a ceramic bulb and just add a energy saving bulb for extra light :D

was £18 new so i had to get it :whistling2:

whats the difference between a white ceramic bulb and a black one as there is a cheap black on on ebay so i dont know what one to buy

Ceramic Heat Bulb Black 150W Vivarium Reptiles on eBay (end time 06-Sep-10 09:57:10 BST)
One is white, the other is black. Thats the only difference.

I guess it could say something about you, white for the forces of good and black for the dark side :lol2:

Personally, I'm a dark side, I'm Darth Vaders brother don't you know (as he chokes some distant starship captain from afar!!) :whistling2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts