Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, I'm researching what to get as a second snake, so far I have two possibles, a western hognose or a brazilian rainbow boa (a bit different I know :lol: ) what I'm after is something that is relativly easier to look after, preferably not a corn snake or another king as I want something a bit different, some type of small to medium size boa or python would be perfect but I would like to hear you suggestions as to what you think is suitable.

thanks for your help

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
a boa is not that easy to look after if u are looking for a easy snake as u need to make sure that the viv is kept moist and humid a royal would suit u better as they are relativley easy to look after

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Carpet Pythons are a good mid-sized snake and make good display animals too.

They are seim-arboreal and if you get one anything like mine its pretty much full time arboreal.

They also have a very strong feeding response so there is no need to worry about non-feeding as with royals.

With then not being as chunky as boas they are also easier to handle.

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been considering a royal as well. I'm very confident about keeping a rainbow boa if I decide to get one, I would also be getting a fogger for the viv to keep humidity high, I must have read about 20 care sheets for them :lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
DaveM said:
I've been considering a royal as well. I'm very confident about keeping a rainbow boa if I decide to get one, I would also be getting a fogger for the viv to keep humidity high, I must have read about 20 care sheets for them :lol:
You sound like you know what youre up against then. lol

Wasn't gonna mention royals as I though you were after something a bit longer. Royals are okay I suppose but can be picky eaters and aren't the most active of snakes.

Go for something semi arboreal.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
DaveM said:
sounds as if you have already made your mind up then hun so if you thnk you are ready to take on a b/r/b then do it cos they are absolutley wonderfull snakes to own and i also read up loads and loads before i got mine and shes a wee beautie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts