Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, i acquired this corn a few weeks ago, but have been unable to find any info on or pics of something similar!! Ive found the ruby freckled but they get their freckling with age, this snake is 18 months old and has stayed exactly the same as when it hatched...could it possibaly be an amel with so little red it looks like a spotted snow?????? any help would be great......................thanx

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
hhmmmm hav u actually got that checked by a vet? I dont no much about corns but that would cause me concern

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i know it looks like wounds but its actually colour pigment in the scales like i said it hatched like this 18 months ago i purchased this corn from a very well known breeder who has just retired and it has no health problems at all but i can see why u asked ( i had to look twice when i saw it...)

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
dont' worry i knew it was pigment! i was juts saying whther something under the scales, but to be honest a to what morph it is i ahve no ide`a!

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
I've only ever seen it in a book and it had a lot more red on it but in the corn snake manual they have a piture of one they called it "an unnamed morph bred by the gourmet rodent." Can't find a photo online but i'm sure a few wil have the book

Nice snake :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
snow

Hi
if you purchased it from who I think you did then it is either "Spotty" or an offspring of "Spotty" right? It is pigmant in the scales and a paradox of some sort. You are lucky to own it. Do you intend to breed with it if so what to?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol its cute :) but it kinda looks like it has that prblem they had in the movie cabin fever lol it is nice though:D just reminded me of that movie lol

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Wow fantastic snow, you need to breed it and see if it can reproduce the effects.

I have seen paradox snow corns talked about on US forums, they usually have more speckling I think - and I've seen photos of some that have had one pink eye and one black eye

I've even heard people talking about future projects of paradox motley / paradox striped, and I think that the paradox effect can be genetic but I'm not sure if it can be carried as heterozygous, don't think anyone really knows about the genetics of it though.

As far as i'm aware it only happens to the snow morph but looks mightly interesting, you're very lucky :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx all the parodox link helps alot (found new info) ive never got involved in the whole corn snake muddle pot so im a bit yella!!!
( i breed boids ) im definitely going to try n breed with this male but im unshore as to what with........ i know some genes cant be crossed but think ill try a striped snow and an amel with it ( wot do you think ??) im also aware these havnt been produced by selective breeding but hey you never know!!!!!!!
1 more thing anyone know of any thats available for sale????? and whats the thing worth?????? ( somethings value is only what somebody is willing to pay!!?
i got this snake for nothing really!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Looks like the Ruby Freckled to me - maybe you've gotten one who started off with the freckling and might get more freckly with age, or one who's just going to be freckled like that all its life.

It'd certainly be interesting to see what that one reproduces like.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its not spotty sue, but could very well be an offspring..
i CANT believe someone might have a paradox or ruby freckled and not know about it? lol, jammy gits

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
HI all, i acquired this corn a few weeks ago, but have been unable to find any info on or pics of something similar!! Ive found the ruby freckled but they get their freckling with age, this snake is 18 months old and has stayed exactly the same as when it hatched...could it possibaly be an amel with so little red it looks like a spotted snow?????? any help would be great......................thanx
looks oh so similar to the i saw when i bought an amel stripe from dk by any chance??? kool looking snake :smile:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
was it that skinny though dude? daves was male, i remember that much.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah m8 like i said only had it two weeks but its feeding well! i think he was wintering them but ive got them all back up to temp now!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts