Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
errmmm.. i cant choose betweendispar or moroccan lol.. (im looking for a moroccan) try pming either tracie.. or tina b.. they will know hands down: victory:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
is it possible for you to get a picture of the back? taken from above?

i dont want to guess at a species just yet...but so far im guessing dispar dispar or geyri...
also if you look at the ears can you see if the ears have denticulated scales??
i mean have they got tooth like scales around the opening of the ear?
to me the ears look smooth with those pictures.but that could just be my eyes lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are a couple more pics as requested-

·
Registered
200 Posts
i wud say moroccan

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
lol now im confused.

what age is the uro? looks quite young to me...im not very good at naming young uros adults are so much easier lol
is it possible for you to measure the tail.just the tail from the base to the tip?

did you buy this uro? what was it advertised as?

what basking temp has the uro been under? just wondering if its showing all its true colours.uros show all the true colourations when they reach optimum temp.
do you notice any colour changes after the uro has been basking under a temp of 130-140f??

im normally quite good at this but this uro has me stumped. im still guessing at dispar dispar or a very young acanth??
wheres tracie when you need her :lol2:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol now im confused.

what age is the uro? looks quite young to me...im not very good at naming young uros adults are so much easier lol
is it possible for you to measure the tail.just the tail from the base to the tip?

did you buy this uro? what was it advertised as?

what basking temp has the uro been under? just wondering if its showing all its true colours.uros show all the true colourations when they reach optimum temp.
do you notice any colour changes after the uro has been basking under a temp of 130-140f??

im normally quite good at this but this uro has me stumped. im still guessing at dispar dispar or a very young acanth??
wheres tracie when you need her :lol2:
lol. from head to tail it`s 12.5 cm and the tail is 4cm, i was told itis 8 mnts old and also a morrocan, but im not sure, i have`nt noticed any colour change apart from it gets a little lighter..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have looked at his/her ears and i cant see any kind of teeth like spikes.. it looks smooth to me...

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
ok........pretty sure now you have an acanthinura nigriventris this has been confirmed by my boyfriend whos really good at identifying uros.:2thumb:

hmmm smooth ears?? the only species that have smooth ears are occellatus and this isnt occelatus
maybe the scales are really tiny?? because he is so young.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok........pretty sure now you have an acanthinura nigriventris this has been confirmed by my boyfriend whos really good at identifying uros.:2thumb:

hmmm smooth ears?? the only species that have smooth ears are occellatus and this isnt occelatus
maybe the scales are really tiny?? because he is so young.
thanks so much, how sure is your bf?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts