Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right. I 've just got myself a proper all red bulb for my viv.

Unfortunately its a screw fitting which I assume they all are (pls advise if not and I may try to swap).

I've been to a couple of electrical stores and can't find a screw mounting for my 50w bulb.

Anybody got any ideas where to get one.

thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
i had this problem i couldnt find a screw fitting anywhere. i found out that all the main places like b & q and asda,tesco,wickes they dont stock them anymore. so i just got a different bulb but you could probly get one from an electrical wholesaler.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy - Youre as helpful as a chocolate tea pot mate.

Tried B&Q. They only sell things that sell well. These dont!!! Hence my post.

I will just get the one Meltos has linked me to.

Thanks Meltos.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Im having this problem at the moment. All my reflectors are ES fititng and all I can find are BC holders. My local rep shop has the ES holders though, but are more expensive, so I bought BC instead :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay Andy.

Thanks for even more of your wisdom. I'm in awe!! You must be one bored guy.

Why bother telling us you didn't get your bulb from B&Q if your not gonna tell us where you did get it from??? Pointless.

I live in blackpool so I might pay a visit to the illuminations. Thousands of every colour and fitting there. lol

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Alright kids settle down :lol:

Anyway you can get converters for your fittings both ways. They will be sold at B&Q (well mine does um anyway). You can also get screw fitting holders at B&Q

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
:roll: yeah very bored My wisdom tells me that B&Q sell screw fittings for bulbs and even red bulbs that are bayonet fittings. Either way its not rocket science to find a place that sells them.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay Andy thanks again for that.

I just noticed where youre from so say no more. lol

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
cool so you do have a sense of humour then?

Suppose you must do coming from a town where the height of fashion is a "damn seagulls" baseball cap! :lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go referee somewhere else hogmeister!!!

Me and Andy like handbag fights so let us be.

Right Andy (lol):

The height of fasion in my town is to see how much barf you can get down your top whilst on a pub crawl. Well thats what most people seem to be doind which is what fasion is aint it?

Wrong side of the pennines. lol. Please don't make me laugh. I've been to your side several times. I try not too cos translators cost a fortune for a whole day.

However I am a regular at the Leeds Festival and that is far better than anything this side of teh pennines. Apart from that I'm afraid youre goosed. lol

Good job you all love tea. Kills time hey Andy.

Eeee ey up aaaar lass, giz hat cuppa tea like. I'm reet thirste ya knows!!!!

My translator told me that means "Excuse me dear could I please have a cup of tea I'm very thirsty"

lol

Good banter mate but since its a reptile forum I feel that it will only be a matter of time until we start getting hasstle for abusing the forum for our own silly, yet amusing word wars.

You fire back then call it a draw.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I usually get mine from ebay :shock: :D :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
Ok then....

I once visited Blackpool (wrong turn off the M62) and thought I would stay the night to sample the local delights...

I soon learnt that it is classed as normal for the locals to hitch up their tigerskin print mini skirts and piss down the pavement...mainly at night...and thats just the men.

Another thing I noticed was the the shell-suits and mullet hair cuts...like I was back in the 1980's...I swear I saw someone emptying their bed pan out the window too

But I did have a good night in the Syndicate and went home with a local lass who was very accomodating. It was the kiss me quick hat that did it for me :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts