Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting so frustrated - twice in a month now I've made deals with people, arranged to meet up, gotten all excited about my new animals, only for them to cancel within 24 hours.

Both times I've passed up other opportunities because I'd made a deal with people who sounded genuine and honest.

First time the person said they couldn't get the supplies they'd offered - after they'd told me they were a breeder and they had it in stock - it turned out they were just reselling from a wholesaler.

The second person today just found the animal was pregnant and decided to cancel the sale because he wants to wait and get as much money from the eggs. Well fine, but it's less than 24 hours, i'd arranged a 2 hour drive, a deal had been agreed, i don't understand why people put animals up for sale if they're not ready to sell them - or why they didn't just check it first.

I would honour a sale even if i found out the animal was worth a little more (and it's only a £50 difference even with the egg ) and not just waste their time and cancel on them because of greed.

Just so frustrated.. i'm missing opportunities, i'm wasting my time.. but most of all, i'm getting my setups ready, i'm getting excited about my new reps, looking at the photos, waiting for it.. and then get let down the day before.

Maybe it's just my luck but it seems like half the people selling reptiles are scammers/timewasters and not the foreign ones, just the greedy british ones who only think about themselves and not the honour of a deal or the feelings/convenience of the other party.

Naming no names, just a little rant to get things off my chest. Sorry!

Maybe I'll find the perfect geckos for me and I'll stop getting shafted but i'm beginning to doubt it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sorry to hear that :(

not had that problem myself.... ... yet (fingers crossed i wont)

you have proberbly tried already, but www.thegeckospot.com/ have a good reputaion and i've spoke with the owner a couple of times.

sure it'll work out in the end

regards,
rob

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I've had the same problem. A girl was advertsing on a classifieds page, saying she had a gecko for sale, that he wansnt getting the attention it needed, so emailed her, told her i'd take him, we emailed back and fore arranging it all (i got someone to drive me the 2 hour journey), then after 2 days of emailing and arranging, she emailed me saying she couldnt part him from the other geckos, even though she'd previously told me he wasnt what she wanted, and was keeping him in with leopard geckos , and she was worried about them living together.

stupid wench. then a few months later she emailed me telling me how amazing her gecko was. :S i dont care!!!!! stupid time waster

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats just wrong! rubbing it in, lol :evil:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i gt this all the time christy, theres a lot of real time wasters out there

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been a while since i bought anything really, been happy with my corn collection for a couple of years but fiance likes geckos and we moved into a bigger house so space.. so back to the attempts to build up a collection... i swear it wasn't like this 10 years ago when I started buying reps and I know I would never mess people around like this.

Long time no see Nigel :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, i know... maybe we need to move too lol... too many kids.
dont think you will have met the 2nd one? well the 3rd one is a matter of days away now :lol:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
tell me about it i bred a littter of pups and half the people that came to see them just wanted to cuddle the cute labrador puppies :evil:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh i know.
i had someone want to come round the other day just to look at my snakes..
i just havent got time for that, with no car at the moment i have to walk a mile each way to where the snakes are, that means less time with my family and a 2 mile walk, for in all honesty nothing...

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I had someone supposed to be coming for a leopard gecko Friday so rushed back to make sure I was in and did they turn up no they didn't. Hopefully they will read this like the pm's I sent them and reply to me.

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cornmorphs said:
lol, i know... maybe we need to move too lol... too many kids.
dont think you will have met the 2nd one? well the 3rd one is a matter of days away now :lol:
3 ? :shock: Go Nigel! I think last time I was up your way the first one was still fairly new, and you had a cute puppy too, bet she's all grown up as well. Congrats :D

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I havent had anyone just not turn up, but Ive had lots of people PM/email me about things and then never get back to me. I would rather have a quick message to say "sorry not what I was after." The last thing I want to do is sell to someone else if the original person is still interested.. or pass up good offers waiting for someone to get in touch!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
fazer600sy said:
I had someone supposed to be coming for a leopard gecko Friday so rushed back to make sure I was in and did they turn up no they didn't. Hopefully they will read this like the pm's I sent them and reply to me.
was that the emilou person who posted in the piglet thread? i would have guessed she would be a time waster as she seemed really weird.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts