Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a look and see what you think.......Not being an expert I think its a burmese but I am sure you will put me straight if it isn't.......would you let your 7 year old sleep with it!!!!!!!

Whatever it is it's huge !!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Have a look and see what you think.......Not being an expert I think its a burmese but I am sure you will put me straight if it isn't.......would you let your 7 year old sleep with it!!!!!!!

Whatever it is it's huge !!!!!
Link??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
ive seen something about that before. why the hell do the parents let the kid do that? there'll be a big uproar if it ever bites the kid.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive seen something about that before. why the hell do the parents let the kid do that? there'll be a big uproar if it ever bites the kid.
ther would be an even bigger uproar if they found said snake with suspicious child sized lump in it and child nowhere to be found........it looks big enough to eat the child to me! dont know much about Burmese but would it, could it?
I think I will goggle and see!

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
It could, being a child, but i think it was proven that giant snakes still have great difficulty swallowing adult humans as the shoulders are challenging for it unless it were to eat you sideways (if that makes sense)

Burms are quite often known to be gentle but I still wouldn't trust it!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
i saw this in the metro today. His parents need a good slap!!

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
yeh I saw that in the Sun, the kids been sleeping in the same bad as it for 6 years apparenty, bloody dangerous if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
i think its a bit pointless looking at it with a westerners point of view.

its a different culture, they do things different and apparently see it as good luck...if the animal wanted to eat the child i am sure it would have done so a long time ago.

it seems harmless to me and i only wish my burmese was that carefree:censor:

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Think I've seen this before, someone uploaded a doctored video on utube where the burm ate the kid in the end.
Yup that made me laugh.

The kid rides around on the burm. It's crazy.

I'll see if I can find the original and doctored vids.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Here's what should have happened:

YouTube - snake

LOL

I can't find the original version I wanted to post with the comments that go with it.

Basically it's "rites of passage" kinda thing where the kid shows no fear of the snake, the snake "knows" this, is totally dominated and won't attack people etc. If I do stumble across it I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
jesus I thought it was a cb one but a wild python is mental. As somebody said, that kid is just the right size for lunch!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the comparatively lovely nature of the story. Usually if a snake makes it into the papers it's portrayed as an evil monster, misidentified, and wrapped up in inaccurate *facts* - remember the story not long ago about the royal that was lying in wait under someone's bath and "could easily have eaten her baby"???? This time though the snake is only (accurately) described as being "capable of inflicting fierce bites or easily killing a human by constriction" - if it wanted to.... and no mention of eating people or being bloodthirsty horrors etc. etc....

As Azazel says, you can't judge this from a Western viewpoint. Snakes in the house are accepted (if Cambodian houses are anything like the Thai ones i saw, they're snake paradise rather than snake proof) as a part of daily life. They're considered variously as guardians, spirits, or just good luck, and mostly allowed to get on with their lives.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts