Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah,i used to have one they make cobalt blues look tame!Def not for the faint hearted,stunning spiders tho.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Oh, nice added to my spidie list bit down though :D

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spit said:
Yeah,i used to have one they make cobalt blues look tame!Def not for the faint hearted,stunning spiders tho.
Yeah, I was speaking to someone that had one, said that out of ten it has an aggression of 50! :lol:

However, since it arrived, it doesn't seem very aggressive, impressive, but thus far, almost BENIGN.

I have made out a good set up for it, heat mat, good substrate, half a cocobut shell, but since she or he arrived, it has preferered to sit at the top of the tank, I hope it moves down at some point, as it is gonna be a task opening the lid to feed it!

I thought they were meant to be into burrowing, or being largely nocturnal, well all day. since this one arrived this morning, it has stayed on open display, despite the lights being on???

Do you think it will eventually go to its 'defualt' position?

Steve

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah it was me you speaking to lol,i did wonder cos i thought there's no way two people would be getting one of these.Give here a few days/weeks to settle in and she will start burrowing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have two of these in my collection but I don`t see much of the because they spend most of their time in their burrows.So far I haven`t found them to be as aggressive as some I keep but they are still only juvies.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
siabod666 said:
I have two of these in my collection but I don`t see much of the because they spend most of their time in their burrows.So far I haven`t found them to be as aggressive as some I keep but they are still only juvies.
Just back from a weekend away.

It has now taken refuge under the coconut shell, webbed up part of it, and, as you say, it seems that I am not gonna see that much of it.

From what I have seen so far, it's aggression is exaggerated, or am I underestimating it?

Is there a way of prompting it to come out a bit, so that I can see it from time to time, without causing it stress, of course?

·
Registered
520 Posts
enlightenment said:
siabod666 said:
Is there a way of prompting it to come out a bit, so that I can see it from time to time, without causing it stress, of course?
what a good question :lol: i have an idea of how you could entice it out put youre fingers in front of the coconut shell and wiggle them about a bit lmao :lol: good luck

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
agazzis said:
enlightenment said:
siabod666 said:
what a good question :lol: i have an idea of how you could entice it out put youre fingers in front of the coconut shell and wiggle them about a bit lmao :lol: good luck
Ahem

Okay, I will go try that now....

:lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
and that's the last anyone heard of enlightenment R.I.P enlightment you were a brave fella you will be sorely missed. ps free to good home freindly pet tarantula because it got to big for tank as it ate its last owner :lol:

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
agazzis said:
and that's the last anyone heard of enlightenment R.I.P enlightment you were a brave fella you will be sorely missed. ps free to good home freindly pet tarantula because it got to big for tank as it ate its last owner :lol:
Good banter mate.

What type of beasties do you keep?

·
Registered
520 Posts
hey thanks lol happy christmas i just have 3 leopard geckos (super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldys) 1 male 2 females hoping to breed them next year just a nice little hobby and you?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
agazzis said:
hey thanks lol happy christmas i just have 3 leopard geckos (super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldys) 1 male 2 females hoping to breed them next year just a nice little hobby and you?
The Thai Black Tarantula.

Tailess Whip Scorpion

Flat Rock Scorpion

Various species of Praying Mantids

An ooth of a Chinese Mantis, that I hope hatches

One of these http://www.naturalworlds.org/scarabaeidae/species/Chalcosoma_caucasus.htm

A lovebird

An English Bull Terrier

And a girfriend...

....guess which is hardest to maintain? :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts