Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what they are like when it comes to rehome snakes. Are they good cared for there etc.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi @Roseanna They have a vast variety of different reptiles. Given they are just asking for donation at your discretion, the place is absolute clean and well run. Chris, the main guy it seems, is very knowledgeable.

Make no mistake, if you go in there and you look at large snakes, OF COURSE the enclosures won't be as large as they should be - otherwise they could take in like two animals, but apart from that, the cages are absolutely clean and spotless. I saw them soaking snakes that are in shed and based on feeding record they are clearly fed appropriately.

Speaking of clean - when I took her out he immediately went ahead and cleaned the cage too.

The place is on a farm next to a university and it seems a lot of students help out. I checked out the boas and fell in love with a VERY tame 10yr old girl (BCI) which of course is hard for them to relocate due to her age.

So I put my donation down and name and said I shall pick her up in a few weeks time.

I also like the fact they want to see future enclosure and want to know if you know the ins and outs of keeping said snake. Also really good is what they with snakes with questionable genes. Take a spider for example. They refuse to rehome a spider BP to a breeder so it goes to a student.

Here some pics of the gorgeous girl.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
It is Hadlow College and Chris Newman. He used to post on here, but seems he uses Facebook instead.

Thanks for posting your feedback. You're obviously fairly close as we are - relatively speaking.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
Hi @Roseanna They have a vast variety of different reptiles. Given they are just asking for donation at your discretion, the place is absolute clean and well run. Chris, the main guy it seems, is very knowledgeable.

Make no mistake, if you go in there and you look at large snakes, OF COURSE the enclosures won't be as large as they should be - otherwise they could take in like two animals, but apart from that, the cages are absolutely clean and spotless. I saw them soaking snakes that are in shed and based on feeding record they are clearly fed appropriately.

Speaking of clean - when I took her out he immediately went ahead and cleaned the cage too.

The place is on a farm next to a university and it seems a lot of students help out. I checked out the boas and fell in love with a VERY tame 10yr old girl (BCI) which of course is hard for them to relocate due to her age.

So I put my donation down and name and said I shall pick her up in a few weeks time.

I also like the fact they want to see future enclosure and want to know if you know the ins and outs of keeping said snake. Also really good is what they with snakes with questionable genes. Take a spider for example. They refuse to rehome a spider BP to a breeder so it goes to a student.

Here some pics of the gorgeous girl.

View attachment 351308

View attachment 351309

View attachment 351310
That is so lovely to read! Definitely makes me more inclined to rescue a boa or corn if I ever get one again :) I'd happily pay the full price breeders charge too!

She is lovely! I'm so happy for you and her, I'm glad you went to a rescue centre rather than a breeder.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts