Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently took a liking to them and breifly looked into them, I am no where near buying one at the moment I'm just looking into them as much as i can.

I have only had one corn and ive had him for a year, so i dont have much experience, Do these snakes require alot of experience or are they generally easy to look after?

Also what size viv would i have to have for an adult tree boa?

Cheers Ross

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hello! I'm pretty taken by emerald tree boas! Like you, I only have one snake, so I don't have huge amounts of experience. Emerald tree Boas are experienced level. From what I've been told, they're quite aggresive and not really meant to be handled an awful lot.
My plan of action is to get more experience with corns and a royal or two, see how that goes before contemplating an emerald boa. Long time to wait, but it'll be sooooo worth it!
So yeah, I'm assuming people will tell you to get more experience before getting one.
Welcome here by the way! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah right yeah, thats what i was thinking! They are really nice snakes though!

Thanks for the welcome but I've actually been here a while over a year, but i made the mistake of changing my email address and i must have typed it in wrong so i had to create a new acount :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
eep! sorry! :lol: I am daft! Pheweeee ETB's are soooo bootifa! they're an ultimate goal for me! My mum keeps saying *why would you want a snake that you can't really handle?*..........theyre so beautiful! I could sit and watch snakes all day long!
Maybe have a chat to your local rep shop owner about it. Sounds daft, but I've been thinking of doing a work experience placement in a rep shop, just to give me more knowledge and experience. I'm 20 though, so it seems a bit weird!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah next time im up at the shop ill have a chat with the guys there.

I would love to work in a rep shop only problem being im 16 and the closest shops about a 40 min drive from my house and i dont fancy gettin the bus there so i have no transport, maybe when i get my car :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
Lazy pants!! haha! It takes me an hour and a quarter(on 2 buses), plus a 15 minute walk to get to my rep shop! If i'm getting pinks though I ask me ma to take me (that way they don't defrost!)
Depends how bad you want a tree boa mr! :wink:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
hi
i have around 21 atb's 10 emeralds and 8 corallus ruschenbergeri,what do you want to know? by the way atb's usually make around 5-6 foot
regards gaz

·
Registered
324 Posts
they're a lot like green tree python in terms of maitainence, temprament, viv size, general size... good snake with rather large front teeth, wouldn't fancy a bite. nice looking snakes.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
cage of around 3foot long by 18inch deep and 2 foot high would do it,keeping the humidity high enough while maintaining adequate ventilation is the trick .

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
id say royals are beginner level just make sure you buy one that has a good feeding record.
3ft long 18 inchs wide 18 inchs tall is the smallest an adult royal may be kept in.

all tree boas should be left to more experienced keepers as they tend to have high care requirments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
snakeboy101 said:
id say royals are beginner level just make sure you buy one that has a good feeding record.
3ft long 18 inchs wide 18 inchs tall is the smallest an adult royal may be kept in.

all tree boas should be left to more experienced keepers as they tend to have high care requirments
aye thats what i thought, I think ill go for a royal next and leave the tbs awhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts