Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willing to help me get my spidey out of her tank so i can put more substrate in. Dont have the confidence to do it myself yet :blush:. Would be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Just shimmy her into a cricket tub with a paint brush..

Put the tank in a big storage box if you're nervous, then if she does one you can just shut the storage box & come back when you've calmed down. :)

What spider is she?

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shes a Mexican Red knee lols. Im such a wimp but i am a lot better with her than when i got her. I really dont trust myself to do it :blush:.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm the same mate. I had to move the wifes Cobalt blue the other day and the bloody thing did a runner. I proper filled my pants.

We use a larg pop bottle. Cut the top off so you have a large funnel. Our is about 8" long from the top. Leave the cap on. Gently place the bottle over the t at a slight angle and using a paintbrush coax the t inside. They tend to go in forwards but not turn around. If you have a fiesty one you could always use some thick card to 'seal' the bottom.

Thats how we do it anyway. Pant filling sessions are plentiful in this house...lol

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Shes a Mexican Red knee lols. Im such a wimp but i am a lot better with her than when i got her. I really dont trust myself to do it :blush:.

She'll be fine. :)

Just be confident, get a tub or something & just put it over her.. then put the substrate in.. then remove the tub. (if you don't want to take her out :))

Then when she's moved you can spread the substrate about a bit. :)

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iv gota take her out because i need 2 put substrate under the hide (that she wont go in) as its not deep enough for her to burrrow lols. Hope that makes sense. Also the tank aint big enough for me 2 leave her in hehe.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Iv gota take her out because i need 2 put substrate under the hide (that she wont go in) as its not deep enough for her to burrrow lols. Hope that makes sense. Also the tank aint big enough for me 2 leave her in hehe.

If you think it's a problem cos she won't go in her hide, I wouldn't worry tbh..

My Brachy. Emilia's never been in it's hide ever lol.. It eats & sheds fine though. :)

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im concerned because the substrate has sorta sunk meaning its only an inch deep at the most in places lols. She refuses to go on the floor also lols.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Im concerned because the substrate has sorta sunk meaning its only an inch deep at the most in places lols. She refuses to go on the floor also lols.

Just nudge her into a cricket tub then, she'll be fine. :)

The longer you leave it, the more you'll work yourself up!

Trust me, I know where you're coming from, I used to be arachnophobic. :)

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iv made some substrate and now waiting for it to dry lols. I feel well stupid right now hehe.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Iv made some substrate and now waiting for it to dry lols. I feel well stupid right now hehe.

Nahh don't feel stupid! :)

Is it coco-fibre though? Cos what I do with that (for ones that like it dry, like Brachys..) is squeeze ALL the water I can out of it, & then bake it in the oven for about half an hour.. So it's bone dry. :)

Just a tip. : victory:

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its Terrarium humus which i think is cocofibre. It says its the original cocobrick lols.

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right everythings ready except the fact she will not move for anything. Shes on the side of the tank and iv tried herding her but she wont move. I dont wana aggrivate her. Any ideas.

·
Registered
288 Posts
you could sell it to me??? :lol2:
just dont be scared of it. it may look quite scary but really its more docile than a hamster.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts