Reptile Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've recently got these 2 fellas - supposed to be and bought as Ceratophrys aurita.
I really love them and they are the most incredible pacmans I've laid eyes upon for real.
I am not very sure however, if they really are aurita.
I think they look more like joazeirensis (to my fairly untrained eye in the matter) but the fact that I haven't ever seen a proved aurita I haven't got much to base my thoughts on and it would be fun to get some second opinions about the matter.
Other than that - they are just so stunning it'd be a crime not to share some photos with you guys :2thumb:

Assumed female, in settled colouration. *bigger than the other/haven't heard calls*

Assumed female, in settled colouration. *bigger than the other/haven't heard calls*

Assumed female* possesing very dark colouration just as I unpacked her - probably due to stress from the transportation.

Male, a bit smaller than the other, but not by much - has been caught calling at several different nights. Shares many key characteristics with the other one (guaranteed sibbling) even though he does at first glance gives sort of a different appearence :)

Cheers, I hope you think they are as beautiful as I do ^^ especially the "female" who has very unique metallic+bronze colourization (on the sides and mouth especially) which I have never myself seen before in any of the other species within the genus

1 - 1 of 1 Posts