Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
what a load of crap!! come on... you don't get bitten by an adder in your bedroom... without feeling it!! and why would it climb thru a window???? no wonder snakes get a bad rep... its more likely to be a house spider that shes rolled on in the middle of the night thats bitten her twice.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She was on Radio 5 yesterday and said she'd been told the snake would've come in looking for food - it must've smelled the mouse casserole she'd cooked for dinner! :D

I was thinking spider bite (or maybe a mattress spring poking out) but the pic does look like a snake bite - the bruising is in a clear circle around both punctures so it does look like they happened at the same time, and surely too far apart for a spider?

Can't believe it didn't wake her up, whatever it was!

·
Registered
290 Posts
um ok it just says it was an adder right well surly (as they havent mentioned any specific type of adder) it would be a common, so um how was it an escaped pet when the law say that endangered species of snake in this country are illegal to keep, sell or kill (in basic terms) i think if that was the case they should be more worried about the conservation of our wildlife rather then a 1 off snake bite (if thats what it is) i mean its not like an adder is likely to kill you anyway even if you are a young child (I was bitten by one bacuse i trod on it by accident when i was 7 ish and apart from some nasty swelling and alot of tears I survived :p) plus it teaches her to leave windows and stuff wide open while she's asleep, could be a murder next time lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed that bit! An adder escaped from someones home?!?!?!? I know some people keep grass snakes but never heard of anyone keeping an adder.

More likely to be an escaped non-native species that got her but didn't inject much venom.
I reckon there's more to this than the "got in through bathroom window and bit me in bed" story...... :?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Not that I have seen many snake bites, but that don't look like one.... looks more like somebody seeking a bit of attention. It just looks funny that there is only two little dots inside a yellow "bruising" area, there is no indication of any other teeth marks.... just looks kinda fake to me, you can tell it probably is an injury of some kind, it just don't look like what she says it is....
Steve

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point that.
But could that be to do with the angle that the snake(?) would've struck from? In line with the leg as opposed to across, so that the tips of the fangs only just nicked the skin - but then why so much bruising if it's a shallow wound? :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts