Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all was having a goose on ebay for tall plastic tubs for my sub adult arboreals and came across these. I know it says one touch of the top button and it sucks the air out, but I wouldnt imagine it would with holes in it. The dimensions aren't bad for small adult arboreals or sub adult Psalmo's. There aren't enouch decently dimensioned tall tubs out there in my opinion, the house of spids enclosures are great, but £35 to £55 a pop for 20+ arboreals gets a tad expensive.....

Think I'll get one and suss it out......

Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: OXO Good Grips POP Container Square, Large, 5.2 Litre

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like those though, too slim and harder access plus cloudy plastic can't see as much. Still cheaper than HoS, even though I have a few of those LOL. Wish I could build, would save me trawling the web......

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about the large sized sweet jars ?
LINK 1 and LINK 2 and LINK 3

Love them have a few for T's but alot of shops are reluctant to give them away now adays here. Didnt know you could buy them thanks for that!!

:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
In regards tubs, I did find these rather spiffy ones:Plastic Specimen Boxes - Very Large Cabinet Display Boxes
Plastic Specimen Boxes - Very Large Cabinet Display Boxes
Hilariously, there is a guy selling them on ebay for twice the price. I assume he's buying them here and just adding his 60% of whatever on top.

Student discount too of 10% for those interested (provide them a valid .ac.uk email address and it works).

These tubs are the ones I keep the large american Lycosidae in - Hogna carolinensis, helluo (5-7cm size range).

If you look up the makers themselves (AMJO) they also make some good 12" tall enclosures with lids on the top which would be good for burrowers.
GRant posted the link earlier they also do tall ones they are the best display containers i've seen for price.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
GRant posted the link earlier they also do tall ones they are the best display containers i've seen for price.
can you post a link to the tall ones as i emailed these a while back and was told the 100mm high top opening were the largest they do (bottom of the page in the link)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use these almost exclusively these days, they're excellent. Normal cloudy cereal containers look awful in comparison.

Loving the look of these .:2thumb:

·
Registered
538 Posts
lol look at the history a few slides across "gok wan cooks chinese":lol2: but yea nice tubs good idea:2thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cheaper SALE prices at Dunelm:D

Click the link to dunelm
VVVVVVVV
Search Results

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Noooo, being able to see the spider is heresy! :gasp:. Having piles of opaque tubs with name lables is the time honoured way.

Reactions: Lucky Eddie
1 - 16 of 16 Posts