Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my drive to cut down the animals living in my house I have this guy up for sale.
Muffler is a 2 year old biege, very friendly and lively little guy who needs a nice new home. Unfortunately his cage is not available as it aklso houses a chinchilla i'll be keeping.
I am asking £20 for him but home is more important than price so if anyone would like him please let me know.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
unfortunatley we have a rule in our house saying no hairy pets with less than 8 legs.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Its very tempting Hannah but im not sure how stumps would react to a new flat mate and Ive no room to add another cage in the house :(

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is really interested in him I can probably deliver dependant on area for fuel costs. I cant say 100% yet (car is in garage on monday and i have no idea whether it will actually be fixed that day! :roll: ) but I will do my best.
This guy needs a new home asap :(

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
we used to have one, i can see us having allsorts again as the girls grow up..jess is 3 and asked for a rabbit the other day lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
i'd just like to say i think its really grim when people give there pets away for some reason or another in my opinion making a commitment to a pet is a life time thing, i compare it to someone giving there child away and as i mother even the thought makes me sick i could never contemplate giving any of my pets away regardless to the circumstances. It can be hard sometimes space being a major issue but i'd sleep on the floor if it meant my pets were with me and had space. Not trying to offend anyone just reckon its grim.

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
hooded_vixen said:
i'd just like to say i think its really grim when people give there pets away for some reason or another in my opinion making a commitment to a pet is a life time thing, i compare it to someone giving there child away and as i mother even the thought makes me sick i could never contemplate giving any of my pets away regardless to the circumstances. It can be hard sometimes space being a major issue but i'd sleep on the floor if it meant my pets were with me and had space. Not trying to offend anyone just reckon its grim.
If you're not trying to offend anyone, why post this crap?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
So if your land lord said you cant have dogs at your home and you had no where else to go would you see your kids on the street with no roof over thier heads because your too stubborn to get rid of the dog?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
hooded_vixen said:
Bit harsh there imo, circumstances change sometimes which means less time etc. At least pendlehog is trying to rehome well rather than dumping on a rescue centre or using as snake chow.....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
tombraider said:
So if your land lord said you cant have dogs at your home and you had no where else to go would you see your kids on the street with no roof over thier heads because your too stubborn to get rid of the dog?

Which, ironically, is almost what's happening here...

And what if it meant compromising the health of one or more of your animals because you felt you had to keep that one, eg I can't give away my chihuahua even though it refuses to get on with my two labradors?

You can't umbrella this sort of thing; it would be nice if we could make all encompassing statements, but we can't. As much as I love my rats, if Tim died (God forbid!) I just wouldn't have the time to look after them as well as working and uni, so they would have to go.

And Nige, just buy her the chilla and tell her it's a special breed of bunny.... a tree rabbit or something
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think it's better people rehome their pets if it means that they have more time and space to give their other pets,i've recently rehomed 6 of my guys for that very reason and the ones i have left are in nice big vivs and i have more time to give them.As for saying a pet is for life i agree with that but if it means they are not being cared for properly(not saying that about you pendle) then it is better to rehome them,thats why in the states they have problems with animal collectors.And if you not trying to offend anyone then you haven't done a very good job.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd love him but I live in Ireland pity lovely creature :cry:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
what a strange comment to make, pendlehog took in her animals because she new she could give them a loving home and the attention they need. How anyone could just come and assume u cant be bothered with the chinchilla now amazes me when u dont even know of her circumstances.

what if u had a house fire and had to live in a smaller house for the time being and didnt have space for all the animals. surely rehoming it to someone who does have the space is a better option?!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hadnt posted the specifics on WHY i have to rehome my chin as I didnt see that it would matter - I didnt realise any of this had been said since :roll:

My landlord will not allow them to live in the house (the place has just been sold - my original landlady was fine about them). I elected to sell him basically as I have absolutely nowhere else to keep him. Moving out is not an option, I am a university student with limited resources. Some people on the forum know the problems I have had rehousing some of my animals - thank you for the support you gave me!

Hooden_vixen - please refrain from commenting on situations you know nothing about - this will prevent you from offending people in the future!

Back on track.... this little man has been rehoused for now but if someone is still interested in taking him let me know, as he may still be available to a good home. He will now also be available with a cage if required (no extra charge obviously!)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Issa said:
Bit harsh there imo, circumstances change sometimes which means less time etc. At least pendlehog is trying to rehome well rather than dumping on a rescue centre or using as snake chow.....
Doesn't work, the fur is too dense and irritates the snake into not eating it :wink:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
well if you can get him down here, i might be able to rehome him for you.

I'd have a chincilla but never been able to afford one.

I'll let you know, my mum left for exeter just now fr a funeral so i can't really ask her now. But like i said as soon as i know and if you can get him here (Buckinghamshire) then possibly

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts