Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started brumation for my pair of Cordylus Tropidosernum and I'm wondering if anybody has successfully produced youngsters of this species. There is very limited info on these lizards, let alone breeding information as far as I can research. I have checked out Tallbo.com and a couple other vague web pages and am pretty sure I have the general idea. Does any body have any tips or pointers that they wouldn't mind sharing? Any help at all would be great thanks everybody! :notworthy:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I have just started brumation for my pair of Cordylus Tropidosernum and I'm wondering if anybody has successfully produced youngsters of this species. There is very limited info on these lizards, let alone breeding information as far as I can research. I have checked out Tallbo.com and a couple other vague web pages and am pretty sure I have the general idea. Does any body have any tips or pointers that they wouldn't mind sharing? Any help at all would be great thanks everybody! :notworthy:
These are girdled lizards not armadillo lizards.
I know I'm being picky but a lot of confusion surrounds the two species

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are girdled lizards not armadillo lizards.
I know I'm being picky but a lot of confusion surrounds the two species
Are you kidding me? I named them by their true latin name AND their common pet name. Mine were purchased from the pet store as "Armadillo Lizards" as I'm sure others have. I'm asking for help with brumation temps and periods of time not asking for the other names for these silly things. I know what the they are I just figured some people don't hence the "pet store name" in title. Tropical girdled lizard, Cordylus Tropidosternum, Dwarf Sungazers, Armadillo lizards, blah blah whatever you prefer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pardon me if I came off rude there, apparently I shouldn't post on forums minutes after waking up lol. But yea I know these lizards are improperly labeled often in the pet trade and I have heard them referred to as all the names above. But I would like info on brumation for the Cordylus Tropidosternum species if anybody has had success with them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd be keen to speak to whoever is currently working with them! I am mostly interested in why there is hardly any information about them, since they do pop up available every now and again

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
First of all a pretty crappy attitude to have when your on your third post to a long standing member don't you think? Secondly yes it does make a difference as the care for those to if I remember rightly from the last thread I read is actually different. The only reason the common pet name is armadillo lizard is because they are misidentified upon import very often. A true armadillo would cost a hell of a lot more than you will have paid for both of your girdled. Just because. Pet shop gives it a name doesn't make it correct. Call a dog a cat it's still a dog. There are. Few keepers that I know of on here who will hopefully overlook your lack of respect towards Chris and help you out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
First of all a pretty crappy attitude to have when your on your third post to a long standing member don't you think? Secondly yes it does make a difference as the care for those to if I remember rightly from the last thread I read is actually different. The only reason the common pet name is armadillo lizard is because they are misidentified upon import very often. A true armadillo would cost a hell of a lot more than you will have paid for both of your girdled. Just because. Pet shop gives it a name doesn't make it correct. Call a dog a cat it's still a dog. There are. Few keepers that I know of on here who will hopefully overlook your lack of respect towards Chris and help you out
I agree and that's why I apologized. Sadly I'm one of those irrationally grumpy morning people, I was just confused and unreasonably pissed because I was sure I stated the Latin Name (Cordylus Tropidosternum) as to avoid the whole pet name conversation. I screwed up and once again I'm sorry for the attitude, Chris. Thanks for your time and patience

I'd be keen to speak to whoever is currently working with them! I am mostly interested in why there is hardly any information about them, since they do pop up available every now and again
I would love to hear some success stories from anybody who has worked with these cute little guys. Can hardly find anything about them!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Look on this first page of threads I spotted something to do with a dwarf sun gazer when I was flicking through I believe this is one of the correct names for your reptile so the owner might have something they can help you out with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts