Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As I am amazed and love my pets...it's no wonder that I like to take pictures of them.

The only problem being that I use an apple iPhone/iPad to take the snaps.

I have found that iPhones/iPads do not give the true colour or vibrancy of the animal...for example my Hoggie is quite green under normal light conditiosn (natural or artificial) but comparing the photo to the snake with the same light conditions he has absolutely no green on him and looks 100% normal.

Has anyone else found this out?

Has anyone found an app that counteracts this?

Has anyone any tips apart from the obvious 'Use a camera instead of a phone' as I am all for the convenience of uploading straight from the device....

Cheers all who read...

Much love and goodnight,

Oli

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
You get incorrect colour representation in a lot of pictures, there should be an app for iphone/ipod/ipad on the AppStore that allows you to edit photographs, a good one will give you some useful editing features where you can correct any colour issues you may have before uploading.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The iPhone (and particularly the iPad) is not particularly good at producing quality images. I have seen cheaper phones do a far better job.

Now, I know you did not want anyone to say "use a camera instead of a phone" but the bottom line really is that. If you want to take a "decent" picture which does not skimp on image quality then you will need to use a quality camera to take the pictures and not a mobile phone with a camera function squeezed in. For a start, a £500 dedicated cameara is more likely to have a better/bigger sensor and a better lens (thus produce a better quality image) than your £500 iPhone.

Mobile phones may be great for snaps but if you want to start taking serious pictures then you need the proper tool to do the job. No amount of apps or other software will make things any better if you do not have a decent quality image to start with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cameras

I pretty much knew a bespoke camera would be the way forward. Although i will try a few apps to see if i can get around it without dipping deep into my pockets.

Thanks for the help though guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.