1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
lovely looking fish, beautiful specimins

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
get some Elephant nosed fish or tiger barbs there well nice, just got some in local shop!:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Elephant Nosed fish have elecrical senors so the heating and lighting and filter all mess them up and they use it to detect live food so they need live food like bloodworms and tiger barbs are really evil fin nippers who would rip the blue rams apart.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aren't elephant noses quite big as well?

I've updated my stock since the pictures, I now have:

4 blue rams
5 amano shrimp
1 vampire pleco
4 peppered corys
5 cherry barbs

...so that is me full up now, I can't add anything else. I do about 2 water changes a week and was expecting the nitrates to stay in the 20's even with that but weirdly they arent going above 5 :?. I know I've probably exceeded my 1 inch per gallon rule but I picked fish that use different areas of the tank so they all have enough room, I just have to deal with the waste production with regular water changes.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
no idea with shrimps but with corry's look down at them from above and the females are broader round the tummy area the males are more slender with corry's you need a higher ratio of males to females say 3 males to 2 females they stick there eggs on the glass

·
Registered
726 Posts
In the first pic it is male, female, female, male. Then 2nd pic is male, female. Not sure how to sex the shrimps but I'd doubt they could breed in a tank and the Cory's the females are a lot fatter than the males when you look down on them.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
snakelover. Don't recommend fish that aren't suitable. Elephants will get too big and the tanks isn't setup for them anyway.

Tiger barbs will cause problems in that size tank with rams.

But intravenous.

Sounds like you've got a nice selection of fish now. I've always liked cherry barbs, despite me having large american cichlids, i always spared a tank for cherrys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts