Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have arachnaphobia but i find spiders real interesting lol kinda wierd whats a good what to overcome arachnaphobia

·
Registered
508 Posts
What exactly are you afraid of ??? what part is it ? I know it sounds like a stupid question but we keep T's & I really don't like house spiders :( ... perhaps you could get hold of a shed skin and give it a good looking at, Hubby (Ian) says go to your local pet shop (good rep shop) & ask them to show you a Chilie Rose (who doesn't do too much... Pet Rock) We personally dont handle any of our T's (again personal choice) ..... we had a baby one escape the weekend and I personally wouldn't go in our spider house till my hubby caught it :shock: 2 hours later the coast was clear.
Hope you soon get over your fear as T's make beautiful pets <3

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I have a chilean rose and wont pick it up, I dont mind touching and feeding it, but cant stand to have it on me, GF gets it out for a walk all the time though.lol
So you can have them. and not handle them. if its just touching your afraid of.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I was also petrified of spiders since I was a child, but now I own and handle my Chillian-Rose T. The way I got over my phobia was all thanks to a friend. He kept going on and on about them - he has about 8 - and how good pets they make. He went on that much it started to get on my nerves and I finally said "F**k it, go get one!", from the moment it touched my hand I was in love with them. I am planning on getting many more after the new year.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
i used tio be scared of spiders until i got my first one...find them really fascinating now and handle my chile roses quite regular
just tell your parents that its a 8 legged hamster :lol:

·
Registered
940 Posts
I used to be arachnaphobia, but when we went to visit a friend he got me holding one of his chilliean rose spiders thats how i got over my fear, i was shakeing a bit and breathing a little fast i thought i was going to die but i got over my fear and we now keep spiders, there isnt one spider im scared of now :D
heres a pic of me holding that spider at my friends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts