Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Chams are currently in a large home build vivarium but I have been considering moving over to screen cages. But which to choose ?
I am all googled out, followed links from here and really still no wiser as each actually have limited descriptions ( ok I guess there isn't much to say about a steel / ally / mesh box :blush: )

They all seem similiar with just slight differences but my main criteria is stability and maybe visability ( for me ) I read somewhere that Repribreeze can be more ' flimsy ' than others although benefit from a lower door for cleaning. Any views ?
Also I wondered if anyone uses the LLL reptile cages ( USA ), or Terry Thatcher and wouldn't mind giving their opinions on them, and as a comparism to the Reptibreeze.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I use reptibreeze. They seem ok. they rusted but i git my two from the first batch and apperently it has been fixed. They are good cages for chams and they will be making bigger models aswell soon

·
Registered
394 Posts
My chams are still small enough to be housed in exo-terras but I am aiming to move them up to xl reptibreezes in the summer. I have never actually seen a reptibreeze but from what I have read they are a very popular choice. They are not cheap but are still quite a bit cheaper than Terry Thatcher's so affordability and value for money must be considered.

Like you I also spent a lot of time researching housing but I can't remember why I decided against LLL - another senior moment!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like you I also spent a lot of time researching housing but I can't remember why I decided against LLL - another senior moment!
Oooo I'd be everso grateful if you could remember :2thumb: because even with shipping they are cheaper than reptibreeze and on the face of the best the t'internet can offer, look substantial too which amazes me but cynically makes me wonder why.............but they do look good.

:cheers: to senior moments.....without them we would have to blame the men :lol2:........again

·
Registered
394 Posts
Got it! It might be different now, but when I was researching them, dispatch time seemed pretty slow. When I do eventually order my reptibreezes I should get them without much delay.

Right time for a beer now. Good night to all!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hi,

I have both the "xl reptibreeze" and the " lll reptile cage",

They both have the small door at the bottom for cleaning etc,

And to be honest although very similar to each other I find the reptibreeze a bit more pratical as the main door starts from the top, where as the lll reptile one has a smaller main door which starts further down, which can make things a bit awkward like setting up the cage etc. But both very good cages IMO. Terry thatcher are meant to be extremely good quality in a number of custom sizes but are more expensive to buy out of the three mentioned, hope that helps a little,

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
we use both terry thatcher and repti breeze's,
i would say the terry's are much sturdier,but you pay extra for that!!and he does custom made to measure for the inconvinient spots in the house,alot of zoo's use them.
the repti breeze are just an ecomony version of the terrys,but serve the same purpose and readily availble.
i am not sure if you would have to pay import duty tax on the lll cages from america?

jamie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts