Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could anyone suggest any small-medium more active, or just visible, arboreal lizards? Preferably not a chameleon, sorry if that upsets anyone, or anything too hard to come by. Thanks

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Hi, could anyone suggest any small-medium more active, or just visible, arboreal lizards? Preferably not a chameleon, sorry if that upsets anyone, or anything too hard to come by. Thanks
Most that fit your criteria are fairly hard to come by these days unfortunately, if you're in the UK that is. The only exceptions that spring to mind are day geckos.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,625 Posts
What about Lygodactylus williamsi - not exactly arboreal - a day gecko as Wilkinss suggests - but needing a taller vivarium. Not handlable but fantastic to watch and keep. You need to have nerves of steel with these pocket rockets - can jump and run at fantastic speeds.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
What about Lygodactylus williamsi - not exactly arboreal - a day gecko as Wilkinss suggests - but needing a taller vivarium. Not handlable but fantastic to watch and keep. You need to have nerves of steel with these pocket rockets - can jump and run at fantastic speeds.
Those are arboreal though- they're tree geckos.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,625 Posts
Those are arboreal though- they're tree geckos.

Yes - you're absolutely right. In my "defence" it was 3am and I'd had a nightcap or three when I posted. Must remember not to do that too often :lol2:

Reactions: wilkinss77

·
Registered
800 Posts
All kinds of day geckos.

Japalura Splendida

Acanthosaura capra

Anoles - loads of nice species available

Miniature Gecko

·
Premium Member
16,499 Posts
long tailed lizards, active, can live communally , a really nice species to keep

Reactions: wilkinss77

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
All kinds of day geckos.

Japalura Splendida

Acanthosaura capra

Anoles - loads of nice species available

Miniature Gecko
None of those fit the the OP's 'not hard to come by'
criteria, though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Long tailed lizards aren't arboreal but they are an incredible species to keep and will use height but still need width too. I keep and breed them if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
16,499 Posts
Long tailed lizards aren't arboreal but they are an incredible species to keep and will use height but still need width too. I keep and breed them if anyone is interested.

Mine are pretty much constantly up high. They are at least as arboreal as terrestrial.

They are a great active species to keep and breeding is easy, 8 also have some babies.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this old post, but anyone here keeping, selling or breeding Japalura Splendida, Neon Tree Dragons?

It know someone that is/does?

Cheers

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Mourning geckos.
Communal, interact with each other, arboreal, small, and parthenogenic.
If you choose these, make sure that you seal every gap in the enclosure.
When I had a group of 4, they were set up in a small exo terra.
All good til I got home from a late shift to find 4 geckos chilling out on my living room wall.
A frantic half hour later, all 4 were back where they should be.
This was the same routine for three days u til I realised that they were going free range via the cable slots.
Damp tissue paper stuffed into them soon put a stop to their little game!!
They will lay fertile eggs once mature, provided you feed the adults well they will not cannibalise the young.
Mine were an absolute pleasure to own, I only sold them due to a difficult time I was going through.
I am seriously thinking about getting another group as they are stupidly easy to keep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts