Reptile Forums banner

Arcadia omni-gold supplement

239 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Azastral 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the Arcadia omni-gold food supplement? Or even Repashy Beardie buffet? I’m thinking of investing in some as heard all good things in reviews, you tube videos etc not as a staple but as an alternative for some days and in case I run out of live food. Thank you

#2 ·
Personally, would perhaps use the omni gold as a supplement added to any salad, but thats it. It would add a few extra insect types that you wont commonly find from a livefood supplier.
From personal experience, complete foods like this are not a good choice for beardies, and most wont eat it unless you raise them on it and nothing else.
You can get live food delivered to your door same as anything else (even amazon now sell livefood.co.uk products, takes about 2 to 3 days to arrive even when it gives a week delivery date).

Dubia roaches, brown crickets, black crickets, morio worms, meal worms, silkworms, earthworms, locusts, calci worms can all be bought pretty easily, and live food to chase and eat will always be first choice for a beardie...the movement almost triggers the hunting response.
Also means you can feed bugs that have been gutloaded and kept hydrated, its just a better food source all round.

#3 ·
Thank you Azastral. It won’t be used as a staple, Cactus my beardie gets locusts, Dubia’s. Calci worms as staple and wax worms as a treat. I was just asking to enhance his supplements and as a go to until his live food arrives. It has been given good reviews so I may just keep a supply in the cupboard as a back up.

#4 ·
As mentioned, unless you raise them on that stuff from the start, they are very very unlikely to eat it, even more so if live /veg is normally fed.
Its one of those where you have to start them young, and you have to make it th eonly option.... you can try it as a "supplement" mixed in with the salad...still no guarantee it wont just be left (if anything thats more likely).

Personally, i think its a waste of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.