Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, for the past months I've seen a few charts showing the different colors that occur in red foxes and arctic foxes. However, the charts you might have found and looked at are ALL either wrong or incomplete!!! I'm just saying because many start confusing one color with another, etc.... you shouldn't trust those charts! Some even list arctic foxes morphs as being red fox morphs :roll:

and so I've decided to make some REAL, 100% trustworthy charts :) :smile:

(Ps: I consulted books, including Beautiful Fur Animals and Their Color Genetics, many fur farms association websites (some in Russian or Czech :gasp: ) before doing these charts, and so I assure you that they have the best information).

http://luccistar.deviantart.com/art/Arctic-fox-Color-variations-chart-345078423

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are all single mutants, of the ARCTIC FOX (alopex lagopus). No mix between two color mutants, just single mutants.

Hybrids (red x arctic) are all sterile. There has never been a case of fertile hybrids. However, females do get in heat, but they just can't procreate.

I will eventually list which mutants are recessive, and which are dominant (for the arctic foxes). For the red fox mutants, I have a website (still in process of creation, not all colors and infos are listed yet) THE FRIENDLY FOX (go in ''color variations'' category).

PS: For anyone reading this, please don't copy the text or pictures on the website listed above, took me weeks, and weeks to find the whole information AND pictures (some pictures on there are really, REALLY rare and hard to find) and I spent many time editing each one of them, and rearranging the text, so I'd appreciate if you ask before taking anything!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.