Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coule T's for sale as im thinking of leaving the invert world and going back into snakes

I have a unsexed GBB with a legspan of about 2-3 or so inches and its in a custom aquaria 12*8*8 tank and i really have no idea of what to ask?

I also have a female RCF chile rose about a 4-5 inch legspan so quite big and she is in a exo terra 30cm cube

So any ideas on what price to ask for would be much appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
keep your ts and get some snakes, its worked for me, i have litrely a room full of inverts and a royal aswell.
also no offence but a pet is a pet you cant just decide to get rid of it when you get bored of it:bash:. sorry i have no clue about your prices

·
Registered
869 Posts
15 -20 quid for them both sounds what id pay for the spids.. no idea what you'd sell the tanks for tbh... what ever they retail with a deduction - or just ebay them - sell the ts separately is the quickest way to be rid.

all the best
gareth

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
keep your ts and get some snakes, its worked for me, i have litrely a room full of inverts and a royal aswell.
also no offence but a pet is a pet you cant just decide to get rid of it when you get bored of it:bash:. sorry i have no clue about your prices
Some people, including me, don't see them as pets. Loads of people chose to sell on part or some of their collection. It's not really anyone else's business.

My unsexed adult G.rosea was only £15 so I don't think they go for much.

The GBB not sure, I got mine in a deal. Add on a bit for the tanks obviously depending on the condition. I don't think you will be looking at much though.

You could try swapping/trading/part exchanging them for snakes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a coule T's for sale as im thinking of leaving the invert world and going back into snakes

I have a unsexed GBB with a legspan of about 2-3 or so inches and its in a custom aquaria 12*8*8 tank and i really have no idea of what to ask?

I also have a female RCF chile rose about a 4-5 inch legspan so quite big and she is in a exo terra 30cm cube

thanks
If you decide to sell the GBB, let me know, i might be intrested.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We are anthropomorphising animals to suggest that we can't sell them on. With a few exceptions, they have no idea who "we" are. Changing owners for a spider is no more significant than changing substrate.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like spiders but thats it, they are just spiders not pets.
He can do whatever he likes with them, who are you to say what can or cant be done with anything that belongs to someone else. ?

Exactly how i feel, im not selling because im bored of them or dislike them its because i dont have room for my exanding snake collection

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
Exactly how i feel, im not selling because im bored of them or dislike them its because i dont have room for my exanding snake collection
Wouldn't matter even if you were bored of them or disliked them. What you do is up to you.

If someone gets bored of their 'pets', isn't it better they pass them on to someone who really wants them? :2thumb:

Like I say, try trading them. I recently swapped some snakes for Ts so might be worth a try :)

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wouldn't matter even if you were bored of them or disliked them. What you do is up to you.

If someone gets bored of their 'pets', isn't it better they pass them on to someone who really wants them? :2thumb:

Like I say, try trading them. I recently swapped some snakes for Ts so might be worth a try :)
Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
234 Posts
But if you post something on a forum your genna have to except people points of view positive or negative and in my opinion all of you that picked up on this persons post and ripping him for it is silly really!! , and borderline bullying
And may put him of posting from now on !!

And I'm sure the bloke that started the thread can stand up for him self!!!

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
But if you post something on a forum your genna have to except people points of view positive or negative and in my opinion all of you that picked up on this persons post and ripping him for it is silly really!! , and borderline bullying
And may put him of posting from now on !!

And I'm sure the bloke that started the thread can stand up for him self!!!
Bullying? Come on, this isn't the playground. No one is bullying anyone, we are just offering our opinions of his opinion.. ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Some people, including me, don't see them as pets. Loads of people chose to sell on part or some of their collection. It's not really anyone else's business.

My unsexed adult G.rosea was only £15 so I don't think they go for much.

The GBB not sure, I got mine in a deal. Add on a bit for the tanks obviously depending on the condition. I don't think you will be looking at much though.

You could try swapping/trading/part exchanging them for snakes.
same here ive had a few reps over the last few years and every now and again sell a few on as ive only got a small room for my collection

·
Registered
538 Posts
see what you mean and i wasnt telling him what to do at any point, i just feel a pet is a pet its yours to look after. i understand that if you dont want it its best to sell on, just my opinion

·
Registered
27,924 Posts

thanks
Never been in the situation where I had to sell any of my animals however, my advice would be take what you think is most helpful from your thread and use it to make your own informed judgement on what you see fit to sell your spiders for.

Good luck and I hope you find good homes for them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry harper

I would say 35-40 for your GBB with tank
And maybe for your other one maybe 25-30 with tank
But it's all down to you fella

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers guys, always semmed to me the most reasonable and helpful people are in the invert section, any other section I would get three pages of people saying I shouldnt keep them and im a terrible keeper:2thumb:

Will take your advie and will decide

Reactions: AilsaM

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
I have no idea on what you could ask for them (i did pay £17.50 for my G.porteri sub adult about a month ago though). Good luck with the sale & with the snakes (what do you keep?)

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
cheers guys, always semmed to me the most reasonable and helpful people are in the invert section, any other section I would get three pages of people saying I shouldnt keep them and im a terrible keeper:2thumb:

Will take your advie and will decide
Tell me about it. As soon as my snakes went up for sale I had stupid comments from people poking their noses into my business!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts