Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty interested in doing some kind of qualification purely on reptiles; just wondering if any of you know a place that do such a thing?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Courses

Hiya,
I don't know what area you live in but there's a course in Birmingham. If you can't get there they do a correspondance course and you can start at any time of the year. It does cost but not too much. I'm actually doing the foundation course myself. Nearly finished it though. Here's the website Reptile rehoming, reptile charity, gifts for reptile lovers
Hope that helps you mate.
Let me know how you get on
Tony

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't mean to highjack the thread or anything but does anybody know of any courses like this in the south-west?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Depending on what kind of qualification you want I know Bangor University offers a herpetology module in the third year of studying zoology and conservation and the person who teaches it is a very good herpetologist with lots of published works (some i've tried to read myself but they're a bit above my level).

I'm thinking of doing the Proteus course (mentioned above) myself so if I do it before you or find anyone who has done it i'll give you an overview, but the description on the site sounds as though the course is worth the money.

Regards, Matt.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Also, try and pm reticulatus. He seems to know his stuff, and he said he will offer courses about poisonous snakes in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts