Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i heard about beardies loving locusts so i thought id get some for Zeus. Well he loves them altho he has trouble catching them. But the problem is im petrified of them. I new they were fast and can jump really well and some can fly but i got a nasty shock. I just dont like them. anyways is there anyway i can slow them down so i can catch them without fear of all of them escaping? Would Placing them in the fridge for about 5 mins kill them or just slow them down?

·
Registered
250 Posts
you could put them in a bag shake them with the calcium powder and put them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to slow them down, but then your beardie might get lazy because they wont make him work for his meal.

you could also get one of the feeders that you put in the viv and it lets out a certian amount each day :)

if you can get them in the tank leave them im sure he will find away of getting them, if they climb up the viv i just push them down if he hasnt eaten them within the hour,

or you could use crickets lol!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good idea about the feeder thing. i use crickets as well i just wanted to give Zeus a variety of food. thanx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts