Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was hoping for the cordylus cataphractus but they werent. these are Cordylus tropidosternum armadillo lizards. anyway heres my new additions hope you like as much as i do :mf_dribble:

sorry for poor quality of pictures i will let them settle and get some better ones

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Dwarf sungazers.
we have a pair ourselves.
cool little chaps.
i thought the actual armadillo lizards would be quite impossible to get hold of.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not impressed now really. they have come via a well known shop on bristol and i specifically asked for cordylus cataphractus armadillo lizards so to find out they are not even classed as armadillo lizards in what you might say just a littled pee'd off.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
they are stunning !!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im a little happier now the female is giving birth :no1: we have a little head poping out at the moment. never seen a lizard giving birth to live young before : victory:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
get some pics up soon ! :D
great looking lizards, never seen them before :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
good luck mate...
please let me know how the babies get on and how many there are etc, im very curious.
im trying to get hold of someone i know who has bred them to find out about whether the babies must be seperated etc as you asked dude.

if you were sold them as armadillo lizards then the shop needs to do its research a bit better, hope you didnt pay ott money for them either.
They are great though, we love our pair.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bad news. i think the stress of everything was to much as the baby was still born. gutted. i think i will be asking questions tomorrow as to why i have been given these after specifically asking for cataphractus not dwarf gazers. as said earlier they have originally came from the well known shop in bristol and beleive i have been fooled into buying something i was led to believe was what i ordered.
will have to see what they say.
started of a good day and has yet again turn sour

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
that sucks mate.
its such a huge coincidence her given birth as soon as they arrive that i cant help but wonder if it was not ready and she pushed it out early due to the stress of the move or whatnot.
gutted for you whatever happened.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
wer did you get them from mate

·
Registered
769 Posts
bad news. i think the stress of everything was to much as the baby was still born. gutted. i think i will be asking questions tomorrow as to why i have been given these after specifically asking for cataphractus not dwarf gazers. as said earlier they have originally came from the well known shop in bristol and beleive i have been fooled into buying something i was led to believe was what i ordered.
will have to see what they say.
started of a good day and has yet again turn sour
That's such a shame. Poor wee thing. Did you know she was expecting?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts