Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont think I can name them can I?

Advice please :D

OK, My husbands been after a BCI for some time so we decided to go to our local shop to get one.
They didnt have one in and said they could get one in within the next 2-3 days.
They asked for a deposit so we paid 20.00 deposit + 200.00 on euipment for our vivs.
5 days later we herd nothing (they have our number) so we called and he said there breeder doesnt breed them anymore but he's got another contact and he'll them today.
The weekend passes and no word so we call again.
A different guy answars and says the other guys on holiday but they have some boas comming in and he'll call.
another 3 days i call again and he says he's not herd nothing yet, so I went down there (costing me a tenner in petrol) He sounded genuine and I though, oh well shit happens and I picked up my female Royal why I was there and payed the outstanding balance on our Boa.
Didnt here anything for a while so got Matt to call, he was told the boss would be back today and we could sort it then.
I called just now and there telling me the boss wont be back till next week!!!!!!! I said id like my money back but they said there not authorised to do that!!

Im soooo peed at the minute, do you think im being impatient or do you thing there taking the weewee?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Sounds to me like they are taking the piss, I wouldn't be to pleased if my shop did that to me, you have totally messed you about! :cry:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, ive called and called its like banging my head against a wall. Matt would like to go down there and sort it his way, but thats not going to solve anything. Im so angry I would love to go let rip at the little turd but its gonna get me nowhere.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
ah id still do it though get it all off your chest tell him you want his "bosses" mobile number they have to give it to you and then have a go at him
manda xx

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can imagine how frustrating that must be. I can understand why you put a deposit down but why on earth would anyone pay the balance for a snake that they hadn't even seen let alone not in possession of? At the end of the day they run a business, and obviously don't have much in the way of social skills, but seriously they're probably having a great laugh at your expense. They're making money out of your money and you're left with jack sh*t. :?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robinson said:
I can imagine how frustrating that must be. I can understand why you put a deposit down but why on earth would anyone pay the balance for a snake that they hadn't even seen let alone not in possession of? At the end of the day they run a business, and obviously don't have much in the way of social skills, but seriously they're probably having a great laugh at your expense. They're making money out of your money and you're left with jack sh*t. :?
Thanks for useless bit of information and making me feel loads beeter :evil: . Ok, so a dumb thing to do to pay all the money, so I wont be doing that again. I WILL get my money back!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I think if you threaten legal action or something they might give you the money back. The problem is you have to just trust the petshop... some will do what they say but some will be a pain in the arse. Definitely talk to the manager. Ask for his number and find out.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
tell them you will be taking them to the trading standards ombudsman... you'll soon get your money back, they CANT do that to you.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive sent an email expressing my annoyence and said if I dont here from them this week to resolve this matter then we will be down at the weekend to get our money back. My own stupid fault, I didnt even get a reciept for the 30.00 i paid them :oops: , I know I should have asked but codey was trying to free the bosc monitor and feed the bearded dragons her lolly so i was a bit distracted!

·
Registered
597 Posts
miss, im having the same problem, i ordered a Viv cost me 300 dollars and the guy said its a 3 week wait time so i was like ok, i can wait. its been 20 days and on around the 14th day i decided to email him see if he had a date he would ship to me and have never got a reply :? im emailing him today if i dont get a reply i will have to make a claim to paypal.

goodluck with getting your snake

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Well I both hope you both get it sorted. I would demand my money back and go elsewhere. Im sure they cant be legally entitled to your money. You have bothed paid them for a servive they have not given.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Robinson Im sorry but firstly what a totally spiteful and inconciderate response!! :evil:
Do u hav a reciept huni? If so take it to trading standards like cornmorphs said, but before that take NNY's comment into account and threaten legal action and point out exactly how long uv been waiting. Keep us posted babe and ya no where I am. :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Nat matey :lol: . Ive calmed down now, had a role up and a coffe and destressed. If they refuse to give me my money again on Sunday when me and Matt :? go down then I will threaten legal action, bloody morons. Im more annoyed with myself for being a foole and paying all the money, ive never brought from shops before always private.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
as the saying goes, live & learn babe. Can u pm me the shop...i can feel a possible visit comin on myself
nat xx
oh and dont thank me huni, i only speak wat I feel :twisted:

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
They have no legal right to withold your money if you have not recieved your goods,standard rights.Demand your money back,if they refuse,call the police while your in the shop.It's theft plain and simple

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thankyou, will be sorting it this weekend one way or another :twisted: and will be getting our BCI from a private breeder as I am now put off shops. Only thing is theres no private breeders around here that have bci's, so will have to travel, but will be worth it for a hassle free transaction!

·
Registered
333 Posts
It wasn't my intention to make you feel any worse than you do already, and for that i'm sorry. I get as mad as the next person when people take advantage just because they can! Perhaps some of us are just a bit too trusting (myself included) especially if it's a local place and one that we've invested time and money building a relationship with.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Hey miss,

Sorry to hear your having such a shit time with them BUT, if it helps, i went to see some baby boas a couple of days ago and they are absolutelly stunning, they are in nottingham so a little travel from you but they are very worth it, they are red tail x columbian boas, they range from around 60-100 pounds i think but they are absolute stunners, if you want me to get hold of him for you pm me and ill get ya his details or something...

Hope you get it sorted..

Kev

1 - 20 of 58 Posts