Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some artificial dead leaves to give some authentic looking camouflage to a vivarium but without the decay, does anyone know of anywhere that sells some?

Any help greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, I don't mind using real leaves. I just don't want to use leaves then have to change them every few days. And you think oak is best, how long do they last then? Approximately of course, I realise no 2 leaves are the same but how long would you say in past experience :)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Ok, I don't mind using real leaves. I just don't want to use leaves then have to change them every few days. And you think oak is best, how long do they last then? Approximately of course, I realise no 2 leaves are the same but how long would you say in past experience :)
The ones in my Dartfrog viv last months. Oak leaves don't rot very quickly due to the tanins.

Adam

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I obviously didn't look hard enough cuz those are great. Especially the autumn leaves :D thankyou for finding them.

I'll keep that information in mind though, who knows oak leaves may just be the best way as they're free and where I am they'll be plenty come autumn time. Might just use the artificial ones in the spring and summer.

Thanks again, you've been a huge help :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you do want oak leaves you can get them and others here Landscaping & Decor Price List

For artifical leaves just google artifical autumn leaves.

Adam
Not badly priced there either and I love the fact that they're sterlisised making them safe for vivarium use, awesome.

Again thanks a lot, your knowledge and searching skills are extremely helpful and very much appreciated :no1: top bloke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts