Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:welcome: Lenore (0.1.0) and Ragamuffin (1.0.0)
Arrived in the post this afternoon

lets hope there happy

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
They are looking good :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
yep and the turf war has started they both want the plant pot not the proper hide

LOL have to come around and see them soon :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
When do they go the black colour as mine is a large juvi male, People said mine looks like its in premolt but how long does a molt take as its been over a month since i brought mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When do they go the black colour as mine is a large juvi male, People said mine looks like its in premolt but how long does a molt take as its been over a month since i brought mine.

I am not totally sure i have only had Imperials in the past
mine are wild caught so not sure on there age.

But from what I have read they colours do vary

young tend to moult once a year

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he is beautiful though

(personal opinion should your substrate not be wetter than that?)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ya MMD it was a tad dry when i took the picture but its nice and damp now. He has only ate 2 times in the month i've had him.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya MMD it was a tad dry when i took the picture but its nice and damp now. He has only ate 2 times in the month i've had him.
he will eat when hungry
you letting him catch it or giving to his claw ?

·
Registered
672 Posts
The two times he has ate i've had to rip the legs off the cricket and squash its head. Maybe just lazy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The two times he has ate i've had to rip the legs off the cricket and squash its head. Maybe just lazy.

try him on a locust
or meal worm

to slow live food down put in freezer for 5 mins
as-long as he looks healthy and lively (or as lively as they get any way) he will be fine

·
Registered
672 Posts
He lives in a burrow and only ventures out for a stroll at night. Gud thing is he made his burrow against the side of the enlosure so i can see him under ground.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He lives in a burrow and only ventures out for a stroll at night. Gud thing is he made his burrow against the side of the enlosure so i can see him under ground.
that's nice of him :)

well as long as he is out and about i would guess he is happy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL have to come around and see them soon :)
of course any time (suggest late evening so i don't have to drag them out of there homes)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Just a thought if he is the one listed in your signature a Heterometrus swammerdammi then they are brown any way some are blue green

and your going to need a bigger RUB :lol2:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Great link mmd, He is indeed a Heterometrus swammerdammi and i brought him from Martin Goss Supplier and breeder of insects and arachnids in the UK. I thought they were black scorps and he may be in premolt but looking at pics in thay link his colour looks about right. His enlosure is a temp one as he is only a juvi so he will go in a bigger one when he grows abit more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he is going to be one magnificent beast!:notworthy:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well not long ago today his tunnel caved in and he came out with a gob full of subtrate. I have built him a hide out of half buried bark. He seems to like it and i've made his enclosure's subtrate shallower so he don't dig as much.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks good just upgraded my 2's home have a viv about twice the size they where in so its not so cluttered.

i will put up some pics when Sender sends them to me

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ragamuffin

Lenore

1 - 20 of 31 Posts