Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Luke, im 14, i have been keeping snakes for 2 years and i own 3 snakes.

Now on one of my threads somebody accused me as "unknowledgeable" about snakes. Now i want to prove that i do know about snakes to show you guys that im not a begginer and i DO know about snakes.

On this forum, most people take you for your rank and i want to prove that this is wrong.

so feel free to ask me questions about snakes, preferably corns and royals please.

Thanks, Luke. : victory:

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
All that will prove is that you know how to google because you have the time to search for the answers anyway :)

We are all still learning every day, no matter how old we are, or how long we have been keeping snakes... I don't think you have to "prove yourself" to anyone on here.

I have been keeping snakes for 12 years and breeding for 10 years, and I still consider myself a beginner most days :)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Not the best way to prove your knowledge when sat at a computer with the internet at the touch of a button?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Why is my corn not eating or shedding, have given him a tepid bath but still nothing, been over 2 weeks now, corn is around 8 months old about a foot long viv is all correct, can you help????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Hi, my name is Luke, im 14, i have been keeping snakes for 2 years and i own 3 snakes.

Now on one of my threads somebody accused me as "unknowledgeable" about snakes. Now i want to prove that i do know about snakes to show you guys that im not a begginer and i DO know about snakes.

On this forum, most people take you for your rank and i want to prove that this is wrong.

so feel free to ask me questions about snakes, preferably corns and royals please.

Thanks, Luke. : victory:
i wouldnt worry about it, the post was very unfair, and why try and prove yourself to someone like that? its really not worth it : victory:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
If you DO know your stuff mate, don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Aint enough time in life bud : victory:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is my corn not eating or shedding, have given him a tepid bath but still nothing, been over 2 weeks now, corn is around 8 months old about a foot long viv is all correct, can you help????????????????????????????????????????????
If your corn is not eating, this will conclude to not shedding, shedding occurs when your corn is growing, and if it doesn't eat, then it won't shed, but don't panic, read this post --> http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/29768-feeding-tips.html and it will tell you how to get him eating again.

And i know this isnt the best way of prooving it, but i like to help people, and accuse me of using google but i dont care, even if i was im still helping.

Luke: victory:

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
People are learning everyday, i didn't say that you were unknowledable, i said you didn't know a basic question and that i CHOSE not to consider rehoming my royal to you.

No body knows everything about corns, royals, that in its self shows you are quite imature.

Maybe you shouldn't worry so much what other people think, i don't : victory:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you DO know your stuff mate, don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Aint enough time in life bud : victory:
Correct :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People are learning everyday, i didn't say that you were unknowledable, i said you didn't know a basic question and that i CHOSE not to consider rehoming my royal to you.

No body knows everything about corns, royals, that in its self shows you are quite imature.

Maybe you shouldn't worry so much what other people think, i don't : victory:
Please don't call me immature, this may seem immature but im just trying to show that i know a bit about them, while helping people at the same time, so please, just because im 14 it doesn't mean im immature.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Like others have said, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

Your knowledge will shine through when you help the people who ask for advice.

Although it seems like it sometimes, this place isn't one big competition to see who knows the most about everything. Enjoy it, learn things, teach things - just don't feel the need to justify you and your experience to those who question it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like others have said, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

Your knowledge will shine through when you help the people who ask for advice.

Although it seems like it sometimes, this place isn't one big competition to see who knows the most about everything. Enjoy it, learn things, teach things - just don't feel the need to justify you and your experience to those who question it.
i suppose your right, i like helping people so ill just help on other threads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
im sorry mate but this is a bit sad. At the end of the day you keep reptiles to enjoy them (well i do) not to prove people about your knowledge. If you know you know enough to keep your reptiles then whats the problem, what else do you need to know?

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
All that will prove is that you know how to google because you have the time to search for the answers anyway :)

We are all still learning every day, no matter how old we are, or how long we have been keeping snakes... I don't think you have to "prove yourself" to anyone on here.

I have been keeping snakes for 12 years and breeding for 10 years, and I still consider myself a beginner most days :)
good post - i fully agree. i have been keeping an assortment of exotic animals for 4 or 5 years now. i have been lucky enough to do research in central america, and as a result have handled (with pins, hooks and grabbers) some extremely dangerous snakes. and i am definitely a beginner.there are no real experts in the whole world, even people that call themselves an expert - everyone still has things to learn, you would have to live for thousands of years to know everything about herpetology

Alex

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Please don't call me immature, this may seem immature but im just trying to show that i know a bit about them, while helping people at the same time, so please, just because im 14 it doesn't mean im immature.

No offence... But do you think your mature at 14? Ur still a kid..

Show your grown up for your age by not letting people on a forum get to you... Some just like winding people up.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

you obviously are matey otherwise you wouldnt have even made this thread
anyway dony worry what anyone else thinks your your own man/boy and your matureness should reflect this

cheers

Paul

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.