Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning/evening.

Straight to the point - firstly, I wondered how all of you who use reptile carpet secure it to the bottom of the viv? And what is good to use to cut the carpet incase you need to/the carpet isn't wide enough or something.

Secondly, I wondered if anyone could recommend some good books/documents on breeding Corn Snakes? It's going to be at least 1-2 months before I consider breeding my snakes, but I want to make sure I've read up on good advice and not feel so nervous when I start.

Thirdly, recommendations on what sort of vivarium decorations you find best to liven up your snakes homes a bit. When faced with a whole selection of plants, logs, bark, flowers, etc etc I find myself unable to figure out what to get!

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
Decor wise I use various items from toilet tubes to natural wood. It's kind of down to personal preference with that one. Regarding a good read I would get the book by Bill and Kathy Love, have to double check the title of the book. Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide. There you go.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
With aquarium or silicone sealant. You can cut it carefully with a stanley blade.

Not sure on books on corn snakes.

You can't go wrong with a mixture of logs and bark. Fake plants look nice too. You can also use natural rope. Alternatively many use cereal boxes and ice cream tubs which can be thrown away if they are soiled. Not as pleasing to the eye but great fun for your snake :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a few small cardboard boxes in various sizes and shapes that I could use, I've got an order coming in from BLR for viv decorations and to stock up on mice etc.

Thanks Carla for the heads up, couldn't find the info I wanted on good ol' google so I thought here would be my best bet. :2thumb:

Zimey, will see if I can find that book, there are a lot of books on reptiles around but I just wanted to know what books on corn snakes were the most informative etc. Thank you. :)

Any more recommendations on the books are welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.