Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share, these are some of my curly mice I think they're adorable like little sheep :lol2:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
They're beautiful! Does the fur get a bit longer by the time they're adult, or is it still short and 'permy'?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
they nearly lose all there curl once there adults:( I used to have quite a few of these till the line got killed off (wild rat)

Gorgeous babies :flrt:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
At one time I was the only one with these in the North East.
They came out of normal mice I got from Bosshogg.
Same as Claire mine were killed off but not before I'd given a load to a hwo breeder who has done really well with them.

If they are longer coated they are texel and their hair almost straightens out as they mature but the astrex, short coated, can keep their curl throughout their lives if they are really good lines.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
astrex, short coated, can keep their curl throughout their lives if they are really good lines.
I'm working on "really good" lines :no1:

Those ones are 3rd generation and the black one is holding her curls, here she is now

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I'm working on "really good" lines :no1:

Those ones are 3rd generation and the black one is holding her curls, here she is now

How old is she?
She's lovely.
The guy who is breeding from the hobbies I gave him, to show lines, is a 30 year experienced show mouse breeder.

Where did you get your first astrex from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts