Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where you can get astro turf that is suitable for snakes or some type of carpet. just think something a little bit more permanent would cut down costs long term and also something that makes it easier to spot crap as quite often when i clean out the vivs i find some that i've missed because its the same coulour as the bark chippings. think it would improve hygiene.
also, is astro turf suitable for high humidity enclosures. i know the bark can help in retaining some moisture to keep humidity up

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you google astro turf suppliers you find loads of places but its not cheap
we used to use it for putting on the falcons perches, but i just asked companies for free samples as it was enough to cover a block perch

the main problem i think you'll find is going to be cleaning it unless you take the whole lot out and jet wash it down each time.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yo can but Repti Carpet in difrent colours, look on em livefood sites,that sell frozen food they always have em..:D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
As nursey said google astro turf... Most places will only selli bulk though. You could always cut it up into sections and sell here!? I was going to do that...

Basically you want to get a short pile on the turf. They are the best although tbh it really doesn't matter to much...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they sell it for about 10 pounds a square metre in one place. cleaning shouldn't be a problem as i am planning to buy some velcro strips to secure it in so it should just rip out. nothing can be as bad a getting out every last little bit of bark at cleaning time.
any thoughts on the humidity thing? i like to keep the humidity quite high for my retic and i'm soon to get a yellow anaconda so that wil need high humidity too.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
real plants, BIG water bowl, spray water bottle,hmmmm loads of ways, Waterfall, may get knock over if its for a retic though :lol2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts