Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, as some may remember...I have been making the odd thread over the last few years about T`s...I have wanted one since, well...forever!...but alas the other half has always said no, she does have quite a phobia...and I have not tried to force the issue too much, anyway...she has FINALLY given in!...and I am now the VERY proud owner of a juvie B.Smithi!! :flrt::flrt:...I know sexing is very very hard...but any tips would be greatful, I would prefer if it turns out to be female but am not that bothered...anyway enough waffling! here s/he is!!

I am sooooo happy! and hooked already!! :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Congrats on your first T , probably wont be your last unless the OH puts her foot down . :lol2:
The only way to really be sure is to wait for it to moult (which is quite a stressful time for most new owners) and hope it doesn't completely mess up the old skin .

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
congrats on your new Smithi, when it moults post a pic of the spermatheca and we can have a go at finding out the sex of it ;)

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, and yeah I shall hope s/he has a good moult and get pics up when it happens...I am so happy its unreal! the other half did say only one, but I am sure I will be able to wangle some others in eventually...I really love the avics! and there are quite a few others I would like too eventually...loving the curly hairs so they are high on the wanted list too lol.

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice pics mate : victory: hopefuly im not far behind you!
Thanks, and good luck!...I highly recommend the smithi! they are stunning T`s...I am absolutely besotted with this guy/girl already!...its very odd! never thought I would be quite THIS excited at getting one :lol2:

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Thank you both, and yeah I shall hope s/he has a good moult and get pics up when it happens...I am so happy its unreal! the other half did say only one, but I am sure I will be able to wangle some others in eventually...I really love the avics! and there are quite a few others I would like too eventually...loving the curly hairs so they are high on the wanted list too lol.

take a looksy here this will give you a good idea of whats out there and you never know the missus may like the look of a few and get you buying more ahaha: victory:

http://www.spidy.goliathus.com/english/gallery-tarantulas.php

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
take a looksy here this will give you a good idea of whats out there and you never know the missus may like the look of a few and get you buying more ahaha: victory:

Gallery of tarantulas | Tarantula breeding
That was my favourite website when I was first starting out, I looked through the whole thing about 20 times.

Congrats on your first spid, and the last pic is awesome.
Yeah get an avic next, a lot of women say they hate tarantulas, or are scared of spiders, but they all love avic's with their little pink feet.

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Gallery of tarantulas | Tarantula breeding
thats a great link thanks! it will be a long while before I dare ask for more though :lol2:

That was my favourite website when I was first starting out, I looked through the whole thing about 20 times.

Congrats on your first spid, and the last pic is awesome.
Yeah get an avic next, a lot of women say they hate tarantulas, or are scared of spiders, but they all love avic's with their little pink feet.
Thanks, and she thinks they look awful too sadly lol (the avics)

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You lucky :censor:, I so want one and the Mrs is still resisting.....for now!
its taken me years!! and I mean years! to convince her...just don`t force the issue, I tried that at first...and she just dug her heels in even further :lol2:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
its taken me years!! and I mean years! to convince her...just don`t force the issue, I tried that at first...and she just dug her heels in even further :lol2:
Should've hidden her high heels when discussing it . :lol2:

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Dam it!!!!, thought I'd come home today to see a nice Avic in this pic thread :) come on Mod sort it out!!!!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
If it resembles this

It's an Avic Guyana!

not possible i'm afraid as firstly there is no such species as A.guyana and secondly iding the majority of any Avics by any method is just about impossble right now.

over the last 10 years a good dozen totally different spiders have been introduced into the hobby as Avicularia sp. 'Guyana' so if you can clarify which one you mean and which one is the right one that would be muchly appreciated

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.