Reptile Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Levis are nicer looking in my opinion but I very rarely see them. See my milii a lot more. Its up to you to be honest. Milii are a bit easier to keep but neither are overly complicated. You can find them at Hamm reasonably often or you can find breeders online and arrange to meet them there as there are far more breeders of these species in mainland Europe and most of them will attend shows, never been to Houten so can't comment on that.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the fast response Aliurus :) I'm unsure myself really, I'll have to think about it. Why is it the milli are easier to keep in your opinion? Yeah, I haven't really heard much about Houten to be honest so it'll probably be Hamm, quite excited as I've never been to a European show before but it does seem the European breeders have more nephrurus species available than we do in the UK

No worries. The levis aren't drastically more difficult to keep, but due to them being fossorial (burrowers) you need to choose the substrate more wisely and also keep it slightly damp but not too damp which takes a while to get used to, at least it did for me. Levis also need it hotter than milii, I don't heat my milii at all. This again adds to the humidity issue as you want a damp substrate but not damp air and you don't want the substrate drying out too quick. It can be quite annoying at the start.

Do what I did and just get both lol.

Wheeleri are also great little lizards, pretty easy to keep and you see them more as they aren't burrowers, but they do make little indents in the sand to lie in then flick the sand up onto their backs, its quite funny. Great little things.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.