Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id start my own post instead of thread jumping.are all Avicularia sp so colourfull and fluffy? also are they generalyl a good starter sp or do they range in agressions through the whole sp?also anyone got any pics of theres so i can decide which to buy lol

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Yep all avics are cute and fluffy, laeta aren't so docile though. I've had thread postures from my amazonica and laeta the rest have been lovely.

Get a peru purple... grow huge and fluffy! Purple all over with pink hairs on the abdomen

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep all avics are cute and fluffy, laeta aren't so docile though. I've had thread postures from my amazonica and laeta the rest have been lovely.

Get a peru purple... grow huge and fluffy! Purple all over with pink hairs on the abdomen
wow that sounds lovely!bring on kettering im gonna buy loads lol.do they grow quick as dont no wether to get slings or not?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I have a peru purple, its grown from about 2cm to about 2-2.5" in a year :)
Its VERY pretty :D

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I have an A. avicularia which looks almost black in dim light, but under bright light it's beautiful shades of green and red. And yes, it's cute, fluffy, and very docile.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Are they arboreal?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
heres a pic of my avic.braunshaueni not sure about spelling:lol2: soz the pics a bit blurry but you can see its a nice looking t these get big and mines realy chilled out, i also have a purple pink toe sling
:mf_dribble:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres a pic of my avic.braunshaueni not sure about spelling:lol2: soz the pics a bit blurry but you can see its a nice looking t these get big and mines realy chilled out, i also have a purple pink toe sling
:mf_dribble:
wow thats beautiful :)

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Think my favourite Avics are amazonica personally. My female is over 8 inches across and just a ball of fluff! She's stunning. Lee has slings in at the mo, highly recommend them!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
1st looks like Metallica, second is Versicolor i think, going through colour change

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think so :lol2:
I dont :lol2:
Avicularia are really hard to distinguish between besides a few species like Laeta and Versicolor,Metallica.
Most have the same colour with a tinge of red in the abdomen, Peru purple has a purpleish body with red tufts of hair on the abdomne, metallica are blue with a redish abdomen,
Just what i think though,l could be way off. :lol2:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Avicularia are really hard to distinguish between besides a few species like Laeta and Versicolor,Metallica.
Most have the same colour with a tinge of red in the abdomen, Peru purple has a purpleish body with red tufts of hair on the abdomne, metallica are blue with a redish abdomen,
wow how do u no so much is there loads a info on the net bout um?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
They are pics of the same spid, definately not a Versicolor mate... as the genus is so messed up it is as you say hard to identify quite a few sp.
I'd class what Teeny has a Avicularia sp Avicularia.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Also for the thread..

I keep :

Avicularia Sp Avicularia
Avicularia Braunshauseni

Avicularia Versicolor
Avicularia Purpurea
Avicularia Minatrix
Avicularia Sp Kwitara
Avicularia Fasiculata

Avic's are one of my favourite genus of t's tbh, my Braunshauseni are quite nasty tbh but most of the others are quite calm..

I'm happy to say I haven't been shot at with poo by one either :lol2:

Regards,

Peter.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I Failed!
But yeah, the Genus is messed up at the moment.
I have Metallica, Peru purple, Kwitara river and SP. and they are all similair besides the Metallica which is more blue than the rest, bar my Versi sling

1 - 20 of 81 Posts