I keep :

Avicularia Sp Avicularia
Avicularia Braunshauseni
Avicularia Versicolor
Avicularia Purpurea
Avicularia Minatrix
Avicularia Sp Kwitara
Avicularia Fasiculata

Avic's are one of my favourite genus of t's tbh, my Braunshauseni are quite nasty tbh but most of the others are quite calm..

I'm happy to say I haven't been shot at with poo by one either :lol2:

Regards,

Peter.
:lol2: you just reminded me about what happened this morning, i got up, fed T's, besides my Avic. SP(larger one) which i decided on handling as it is such a beaute, it was walking across my hands like they do, then it turned around, faced towards my dad, and squirted him with POOP straight in the eye
:lol2:
Good thing it wasn't Urticating hair.
John

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
nice spiders gecko king! im such a girl i want everythink brightly coloured and fluffy.these seem to fit this perfect!!! maybe my mommy shud have let me have hamsters lol

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
They are a mess, tis true

This is my wild caught Avic avicularia sp Guyana, and it's nothing like Teenys one

I was offered a Avic. Sp Guyana, thought it looked the same as an avic, yet this one is pretty different.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
maybe he sent me the wrong one!

But I saw DanHalen's Kwitaras and they were bigger and a bit greener than mine.
so my Kwitara may now be another SP
i give up

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
it's a nightmare! I shant be breeding mine so it doesn't matter what it is, but I don't envy the people who are trying to produce relatively "pure" Avic species.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
no envy for me then :lol2:
Surely there is a little bit?, just a little? :(
Only joking, :lol:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Hehe, i have two Avic Sp.s right now, waiting for the smaller one to mature and away we go.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
it's a nightmare! I shant be breeding mine so it doesn't matter what it is, but I don't envy the people who are trying to produce relatively "pure" Avic species.

Some avic species its easy to tell what they are as you know..

Others are harder, some species like Braunshauseni are hard to correctly identify also the only way you can know for sure is were they come from, some are sold in shops and made out to be rarer to sell or make more money from them.

I received my adult pair of Braunshauseni that originally came from Sven Koepler who keeps the real Braun's so I can be certain they are real.
Hopefully my female will lay a sac soon.. also waiting on my Kwitara and a few other sp..

Got 2 Versi sacs also woop :D

Regards,

Petr.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Some avic species its easy to tell what they are as you know..

Others are harder, some species like Braunshauseni are hard to correctly identify also the only way you can know for sure is were they come from, some are sold in shops and made out to be rarer to sell or make more money from them.

I received my adult pair of Braunshauseni that originally came from Sven Koepler who keeps the real Braun's so I can be certain they are real.
Hopefully my female will lay a sac soon.. also waiting on my Kwitara and a few other sp..

Got 2 Versi sacs also woop :D

Regards,

Petr.
Your about 5 steps ahead of me :lol2:

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
1st looks like Metallica, second is Versicolor i think, going through colour change
You fail at spider:Na_Na_Na_Na::Na_Na_Na_Na:

It does look diff in both pics tho matey:lol2:

arent they the same spider??:blush:
I think so :lol2:
Yes it is both the same spid.

They are pics of the same spid, definately not a Versicolor mate... as the genus is so messed up it is as you say hard to identify quite a few sp.
I'd class what Teeny has a Avicularia sp Avicularia.
It was sold as Avicularia Avicularia but i am not fussed tbh. It is my little fluff ball and is named Heinz (57 diff varieties lol)

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
I'm sticking to breeding the not messed up ones!

minatrix
laeta
amazonica (coz i know i have the real, brazilian jobbys!)
peru purple
purpurea
and versicolor to some extent.. i don't cross the purple form and the red form, keeping them "pure"

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
I'm sticking to breeding the not messed up ones!

minatrix
laeta
amazonica (coz i know i have the real, brazilian jobbys!)
peru purple
purpurea
and versicolor to some extent.. i don't cross the purple form and the red form, keeping them "pure"
The 'pure' breeds look awesome. Heinz is amazing but is DEFF not for breeding, just for me:flrt::flrt:

21 - 40 of 81 Posts