Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can some one who has more experience with b.smithi's offer any advice please?

Tula my red knee is approx 2-2.5", I've had her about 6 weeks now & in that time has not fed once though regularly ofered crix, dubias, locusts.

There was a period were she enclosed herself in her hide, to which end I presumed a molt was imminent, after a week she came out and carried on as normal.

As you can see from the pic she looks healthy enough, nice plump abdomen - there is a "patch" which has been there from day one, I realise she will molt shortly, but I worry none the less.

She is on a good coir/vermi sub as are 99% of my Ts, humidty levels all fine.

I've increased her temp by just 2 degrees in case she isn't warm enough

But other than the obvious I am out of ideas.

I just wish she would eat.

TYIA for any help received.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Don't worry she wont die from starvation by the look of her, they can go for well over a year without food.:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Graham with an ass like that she could go 6 months without eating and still be fine lol chill fella she will either molt or eat when she is ready :) post a pic of this mark ya talking about :)

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Your photo is a bit blurry, but is that a bald black patch on her abdomen?

If there's a hairless patch which is black, the moult is imminent (within a week or two) so just sit tight and she will soon have a nice new skin :)

edit - even if she's not moulting, stop worrying! My smithi has eaten about 6 times in the last 18 months, hasn't moulted and is very much alive!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your photo is a bit blurry, but is that a bald black patch on her abdomen?

If there's a hairless patch which is black, the moult is imminent (within a week or two) so just sit tight and she will soon have a nice new skin :)

edit - even if she's not moulting, stop worrying! My smithi has eaten about 6 times in the last 18 months, hasn't moulted and is very much alive!
David Bailey I aint LOL - rubbish iphone camera :(

Yup 'tis a black patch, been ther from day one.

Not sure of her age ,but would suggest she's nearer a year than the 4 months quoted from the pet shop at purchase lol.

I knew it was a terrible case of stating the obvious, but I still worry about her - as I would any of my brood :):)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Graham with an ass like that she could go 6 months without eating and still be fine lol chill fella she will either molt or eat when she is ready :) post a pic of this mark ya talking about :)
Noel, check out my new baby - stunning :):)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah just to reiterate Graham stop worrying mate :) its great you love your ts so much tho :) she looks lovely, nice size and damn has she gotta ass lol get some pics up whenshes showing off her new skin :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts