Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can it mean when a baby beardie holds its tail in the air, like bending 90 degrees and pointing it at the sky?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
It is an alert or hunting stance, they will do it when hunting food or when alert, like put in a bath for eg.

I was once told it was a natural behaviour to aid hunting, they mimic a scorpion as they have poor sight so their prey freezes - getting the same result helps a beardie catch its food :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an alert or hunting stance, they will do it when hunting food or when alert, like put in a bath for eg.

I was once told it was a natural behaviour to aid hunting, they mimic a scorpion as they have poor sight so their prey freezes - getting the same result helps a beardie catch its food :2thumb:
aww wickid! they're so cool, keeps doing little things like that that amaze me...maybe im just easily amused lol
Although he hasn't eaten for a couple of days, won't eat greens today again and he refused crickets earlier, i'll try again in abit, hes basking atm; head towards the sky, eyes closed, mouth open...funny little guy!
Thanks for the reply GD!
GeckoD

·
Registered
208 Posts

me too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts