Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I recently got a new baby beardie and it has developed MBD.

I took it to a reptile vet who told me that it could be due to the nerves not forming properly in his legs but seems to be tell tale signs of MBD.

When he walks and stands his front legs seem to turn backwards so when he is stood his feet face behind him as tho he has nothing supporting his feet to face forwards.

He will also only eat the small little catapillar type worms that usually come in the cricket boxes that look like little hairy catapillars.

If you put a cricket or locust infront of him he just watches it and lets it walk straight past him where as those worms he jus eats them straight away.

Anyone have any tips or help with what i can do for the best for him and to help me with his feeding issues??

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
have you tried dusted meal worms? i know he shouldn't have too many but they may be similar to the caterpillars for him?

failing that how about one of those vivicator things that makes dead crix vibrate? might be easier then running after them.

Or have you tried hand feeding the crix to him? Sometimes even my healthy beardies won't be bothered!:bash:

·
Registered
411 Posts
the caterpilla things are called buffalo worms and beardies love them.
If he'll eat worms what you could try. Put the crickets in a box or bag and put them in the fridge for five minutes OR put them in a tub with calcium and shake until there a little dazed. Put them in a bowl with some calcied meal worms and maybe he'll munch them then.
If not, baby food in jars, just the fruit ones, could give him some of that or mashed up fruit and veg through a syringe.
If he eats veggies or that dust them too.
Hope he pulls through =]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts